Re: [AUM] Fwd: [menshealth] National Suicide Prevention Plan Announced

  • Glenn Burger
    Message 1 of 10 , May 5, 2001
      Maybe somebody should make this chap aware that so many employers are hiring
      preferentially women for so many white collar jobs, thus destabilizing the
      nuclear family. Young males leave these destabilized nuclear families, go
      out into the workforce and there is squat for them because so many of the
      employers prefer to hire women/girls.

      Those women/girls have access to skills acquiring, straight days, Monday to
      Fridays white collar work and so many of the men/boys have blue collar shift
      work, no skills acquisition, no upward mobility. And a lot of destroyed self
      esteem and a lot of contempt from all those women/girls in their secure
      skills acquiring white collar jobs.

      I don't mind admitting that I was suicidal when I was younger. I was a no
      hoper. No self esteem, no job opportunities, no girl friends, absolutely
      zilch, nothing, on the horizon except shit jobs, shitty people and no
      skills.

      The last IQ test I wrote here in shitface Vancouver, the woman (get that,
      WOMAN) administering the test told me that according to the test I had just
      written, my IQ was 140, which put me in the top 5%. Unfortunately there was
      nothing available.

      When I was younger, I blamed myself. I blamed ME. Now, older and hell of a
      lot wiser, I don't blame me. I was bright and motivated. Alas, in shithole
      Canada, I was also male. Uh uh. No good. Gotta be female.

      A lot of young males don't realize that it ain't them, it's the fucking
      society screwing them around. They blame themselves, not the woman
      dominated, feminist ass kissing female only hired society.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 2001
        --- Glenn Burger <glennburgerroute66@...>
        wrote:
        > When I was younger, I blamed myself. I blamed ME.
        > Now, older and hell of a
        > lot wiser, I don't blame me. I was bright and
        > motivated. Alas, in shithole
        > Canada, I was also male. Uh uh. No good. Gotta be
        > female.
        >
        > A lot of young males don't realize that it ain't
        > them, it's the fucking
        > society screwing them around. They blame themselves,
        > not the woman
        > dominated, feminist ass kissing female only hired
        > society.

        I agree Glenn. I know it's not popular in these
        corporte/feminist times to blame others for ones
        financial troubles, it doesn't serve thier agenda of
        oppressing men, but men are caught in a delusion that
        thier financial troubles are mostly due to them
        personally. It's kind of comforting to marry a girl
        with a good white collar job and zoom into the middle
        class. This just prolongs the delusion that things
        aren't so bad. That's one of the things I like about
        Eminem's music is that he expresses and describes this
        utter hopelessness. I'm sure it will fade from his
        memory as he sits in his mansion and then he'll wonder
        why others couldn't do what he did ie "pick themselves
        up by their bootstraps".

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • Glenn Burger
        Message 3 of 10 , May 6, 2001
          So, to do a "number" on this status quo, I say we gotta expose hiring
          policies that rip off men because they can't get drafted. That's what I
          think.

          >From: Tom Smith <qim@...>
          >To: aum@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [AUM] Fwd: [menshealth] National Suicide Prevention Plan
          >Announced
          >Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 19:55:18 -0700 (PDT)
          >

          >--- Glenn Burger <glennburgerroute66@...>
          >wrote:
          > > When I was younger, I blamed myself. I blamed ME.
          > > Now, older and hell of a
          > > lot wiser, I don't blame me. I was bright and
          > > motivated. Alas, in shithole
          > > Canada, I was also male. Uh uh. No good. Gotta be
          > > female.
          > >
          > > A lot of young males don't realize that it ain't
          > > them, it's the fucking
          > > society screwing them around. They blame themselves,
          > > not the woman
          > > dominated, feminist ass kissing female only hired
          > > society.
          >
          >I agree Glenn. I know it's not popular in these
          >corporte/feminist times to blame others for ones
          >financial troubles, it doesn't serve thier agenda of
          >oppressing men, but men are caught in a delusion that
          >thier financial troubles are mostly due to them
          >personally. It's kind of comforting to marry a girl
          >with a good white collar job and zoom into the middle
          >class. This just prolongs the delusion that things
          >aren't so bad. That's one of the things I like about
          >Eminem's music is that he expresses and describes this
          >utter hopelessness. I'm sure it will fade from his
          >memory as he sits in his mansion and then he'll wonder
          >why others couldn't do what he did ie "pick themselves
          >up by their bootstraps".
          >
          >Tom

        • Christopher Godsalve
          Message 4 of 10 , May 8, 2001
            Speaking of hiring policies....

            O.K. so your desperate and you'll do any low pay, low skill
            job thats going. Down the road, there's production line
            work going, but (in this case Gillette) have a female only
            hiring policy because "women are more nimble fingered and suited
            to dull repetitive work. Thanks guys, perhaps I shall only eat
            every other day.

            Best regards

            Chris

            P.S.

            I have worked there doing those dull repetitive jobs,
            but as a temp, for the occasional week between labouring jobs.
          • cg@mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
            Message 5 of 10 , May 8, 2001
              --- In aum@y..., Christopher Godsalve <cg@m...> wrote:
              > Speaking of hiring policies....
              >

              > O.K. so your desperate and you'll do any low pay, low skill
              > job thats going. Down the road, there's production line
              > work going, but (in this case Gillette) have a female only
              > hiring policy because "women are more nimble fingered and suited
              > to dull repetitive work. Thanks guys, perhaps I shall only eat
              > every other day.
              >
              > Best regards
              >
              > Chris
              >

              > P.S.
              >
              > I have worked there doing those dull repetitive jobs,
              > but as a temp, for the occasional week between labouring jobs.

              You heard that right, they knew perfectly well that men
              could be just as nimble fingered and that men could
              put up with crap jobs when they had to, but they had a women
              only hiring policy. For the really heavy jobs, they did employ some
              men... on the same pay as the women doing the light jobs. (I got to
              do the heavy jobs too.) Now thats equality eh boys?

              Chris
            • Glenn Burger
              Message 6 of 10 , May 8, 2001
                These are no brainer, blue collar, often shift work jobs. Let women have
                'em. There is no comparison between these no brainer jobs at Gillette and
                skills acquiring, straight days, Monday to Fridays upwardly mobile jobs in
                banks, business offices, corporate head offices and so forth.

                Those nimble fingered women at Gillette could work on the assembly line
                putting plastic shavers together for 30 years and not learn a damn thing.
                Not true, women working in banks and business offices. Those are skills
                acquiring jobs directly related to business and finance and so many of them
                have been given to women for the reason I state so often. Women can acquire
                those skills and there is NO likelyhood of them leaving en mass on short
                notice because of a military draft to accommodate the next $%^%$ war.

                Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2001
                  Yes, these are no brainer blue collar jobs, but if
                  things are anti male in these jobs...

                  Chris
                • Glenn Burger
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 9, 2001
                    I don't get your point. There shouldn't be anti-male bias anywhere but if
                    there is anti-male bias in nobrainer blue collar jobs like those at
                    Gillette, surely it can't be as serious as anti-male bias in skills
                    acquiring, straight days upwardly mobile white collar staff and supervisory
                    jobs in banks, business offices, corporate head offices and so forth.

                    Men should have access to skills acquiring jobs. If they give all the dumb
                    jobs to women, I'm not sure I care. Skills are what's important and a lot of
                    men are remaining unskilled in North America because a lot of the
                    corporations are hiring and training women for the skills jobs because women
                    are not vulnerable to conscription in the event of war.

                    >From: Christopher Godsalve <cg@...-essc.ac.uk>
                    >To: aum@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [AUM] Fwd: [menshealth] National Suicide Prevention Plan
                    >Announced
                    >Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:19:02 +0100 (BST)
                    >

                    >Yes, these are no brainer blue collar jobs, but if
                    >things are anti male in these jobs...
                    >

                    >Chris

                  • Christopher Godsalve
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 11, 2001
                      There shouldn't be anti-male bias anywhere
                      is my point, but I agree with what you say.

                      Especially about shift work, which destroys
                      peoples health, social life and your chance
                      to do night school. I didn't realize there
                      was such a shortage of straight day blue
                      collar jobs in the US though. Thats bad.

                      Best regards,

                      Chris