Re: [AUM] More War, feminism, The Sleep of Reason

  • Glenn Burger
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 30, 2001
      Nyuk nyuk. Dumb place? Loved it. Big Frankie singing "I get a kick out of
      you" and the babes, ohhh, the babes. Out to here, down to there. Yeowich.
      Gimme, Grandma.

      Ho! You snear about alcoholics on welfare. You ever been to Vancouver? You
      should see the downtown east side in (ugh) Vancouver. Drug addicts, cocaine
      addicts, heroin addicts, junkies, pushers, pimps, whores, all over da place.
      Vancouver Cops? The biggest bunch of assholes west of the Rockies. But tough
      guys. Dumb. Tough. You know, just like most Canadian men.

      regarding art! Some people think velvet Elvises and Lawn Jockeys are art.
      Not me, baby. Brandy Wine at the Show Bar. Now SHE was art. slurrp.

      >From: Tom Smith <qim@...>
      >To: aum@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [AUM] More War, feminism, The Sleep of Reason
      >Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:46:03 -0700 (PDT)
      >

      >--- Glenn Burger <glennburgerroute66@...>
      >wrote:
      > > Hmmmm. I am obviously in haloed company. Still say,
      > > you want art, you head
      > > to the Show Bar, Franklin and West Chippewa circa
      > > 1973. Now THAT'S art,
      > > baby. David Rose forever.
      >
      >That's almost the exact time I visited that dumb
      >place. Maybe we were there at the same time. I'll
      >never forget the big flop house nearby. Most of those
      >guys who lived there were probably alcoholic and on
      >welfare. They lost their welfare shortly afterwards
      >and probably had to live on the street from then on
      >out instead of that cozy flop house. That's one
      >element of feminist progress.
      >
      >Tom

    • Glenn Burger
      Message 49 of 49 , May 7, 2001
        No, no. You don't understand. Don't nail the feminists. Nail their movement.
        And the best way to do that is to expose the anti-male hiring policies that
        created it in the first place.

        No comfy, upwardly mobile, skills acquiring straight days Monday to Fridays
        white collar staff and supervisory jobs exclusively for the women because
        they can't get drafted and, I say, feminism (the movement) is toast.
        History. Nevermind individual feminists. Nail the movement.