Re: Differences Between The Men's And Women's Movements

  • spartacus_menstribune
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
      "12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women
      rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee
      to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

      Isaiah 3

      You can find statements like this in the Old Testament but little
      like it in the New Testament due to the nature of the Christian
      religion. This may be as close as close as you can get....

      "They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control
      over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are
      swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able
      to acknowledge the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses,
      so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far
      as the faith is concerned, are rejected."

      2 Timothy 3 (NIV)

      --- In aum@y..., "Spencer Mewha" <southafrica0009@t...> wrote:
      > Hi Tom
      >
      > I just spent about half an hour looking for it. I don't have a clue
      where I thought that I read it, or for certain that I did even read
      it. It was about 10 years ago that I thought that I had read it. I
      will let you know if I find it.

      > Regards
      >
      > Spence
      Movements

      > --- Spencer Mewha <southafrica0009@t...> wrote:
      > > Something which may be relevant here: doesn't the Bible mention
      women's
      > > hegemony whipping up bad sentiment against Christ? That's 2000
      years ago.
      > > So the feminists were about even then.
      >
      > If you find where that is in the Bible, please let me know. I
      know it is
      > heavily implied all through the Bible, with Adam and Eve kicking
      it off.

      > > Another point is that men do indeed 'have difficulty
      > > communicating their issues while it is second nature to women'.
      This is
      > > down to mama's good old fashioned brainwashing--- teach a boy
      that his
      > > needs will never be met and he soon learns that talking is never
      going to
      > > get him what he wants. Now you may ask: would mama be sexist?
      Well she
      > > supported genocide didn't she? Just look at the way men were
      treated in
      > > 'war' and we can see that if this were committed upon any other
      group, be
      > > they Jews, women, blacks or whatever, then it would be called
      genocide.
      > > Now don't allow this to stop a good relationship with you
      mother, and
      > > honour her as you should. Remember %80 of folks in prison have
      been
      > > brought up by the state. Rather I say all of this so as we can
      instruct
      > > the next generation.
      >
      > Excellent Spence.
      >
      > > Copyright © Spencer Mewha - All rights reserved
      > >
      > > Your also right about the need for an identity for young men
      Tom. It is
      > > first as a helper of men and secondly as a helper of society and
      then
      > > thirdly as a helper of wife. I'm writing a peice on this, I will
      have it
      > > finished some day.
      >
      > After labor day (this weekend) I plan to get down to writing too.
      It's a
      > catharsis if nothing else.
      >
      > I'm off to Las Vegas and will be back in a few days.
      >
      > Tom

      > http://finance.yahoo.com
      >

      > THE MASCULIST TRINITY
      > http://www.geocities.com/qim/masculisttrinity.htm
      >

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Spencer Mewha
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
        Hi Sparticus

        Yea mate it's hard for me searching also, there are a few factors which make it difficult. One, I studied the Bible in the NIV but my concordance is in the AKJ format. Two, I don't even have an account of the AKJ version for the old testament. All in all searching is a pretty stringy affair. I think that Strong's exhaustive concordance for the NIV-Bible is online for free, I must check it out.

        Regards Spence