[aum] Re: Will Paternal Paranoia Triumph by Trish Wilson

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 1999
      Hello Michael,

      There ws a screw up in my mail program so that
      "Geoffrey Mulkern" was on my "reply to address"
      instead of me. I, Tom Smith, sent this.

      This is a good point you raised about the anger issue
      in the men's movement. I think the way to understand
      it is from the history of these kinds of movements.
      People who have been in the movement longer tend to
      get more "radicalized" with time. The men's movement
      has been going since the fifties.

      This article you are responding to was written by a
      NOW person and is on thier page. NOW has consistently
      opposed all men's issues not for reasons of their
      legitimacy, but purely on political grounds. In other
      words, THEY ARE THE ENEMY. This article and all their
      political stands for the past thirty years clearly
      indicate that. They are not to be reasoned with, but
      to be brought down. The ways traditionally to do that
      in these kinds of movements are to produce a positive
      identity for the group you are advocating for
      (Masculists) and to take the opposite position of the
      other group. NOW advocates for female superiority, so
      we need to counter withour own superiority. Here's
      where this movement differs from others, we are
      superior in the areas that NOW is claiming
      superiority. Where I agree with NOW is that there are
      certain realities to modern civilization that may not
      make that superiority desirable to execute. WE CAN
      WORK THAT OUT LATER, after they recognize our
      superiority in those specific areas.

      Tom Smith

      --- "Michael S. Helton" <heltonms@...>

      =====