Desert Light Journal May Issue

  • QIMNews
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      The DesertLight Journal
      Volume 2, Number 9
      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      May 1, 2002

      The e-zine of the International Men's Rights Movement. This is the
      first e-zine intended to focus primarily on the issues of domestic
      violence against men and divorce/child custody issues. We welcome
      news of groups, websites, and people in the men's rights movement
      worldwide. We encourage new writers and commentary.

      For all the news all the time, visit our buds
      http://www.angryharry.com in the UK
      or Men's News Daily http://www.mensnewsdaily.com anywhere.

      For book-length works on men, and the issues visit
      http://www.cybermanbooks.com
      See the BBS at http://www.cybermanbooks.com/cgi-bin/board/
      For breaking news on the groups and orgs.
      "A woman needs a man like a fish needs the river."
      IN THIS ISSUE:
      � LEGENDS FATHER'S RIGHTS LEGAL AID SOCIETY
      � MASH FOUNDER NOMINATED FOR AWARD
      � SAFE IS GROWING!
      � AFTER>2001 SEEKS AD HELP
      � 24 FATHERS UNITE AGAINST CHILD SUPPORT
      � A MATTER OF JUSTICE HOLDS NATIONWIDE DEMOS
      � WEBSITE NEWS
      � BOOK REVIEWS AT THE DLJ
      NEW GUEST EDITORIAL

      We're going monthly! Just as an experiment for the summer, we're
      going to publish the DLJ monthly. Each issue will appear on the
      first of the month. I know, right on the heels of MANN going on
      hiatus, it may seem like I'm jumping ship. This is not the case!
      I'm taking the message of the movement offline and into the real
      world, for one thing, and also helping some brand-new cyberMan
      authors into cyberspace. These are exciting times for everybody!

      With a monthly, we can offer more features, and more in-depth
      coverage of the issues. This month, for example, kicks off our new
      Book Review Section. Next month - our special Father's Day issue -
      will feature essays by and about fathers, as well as all the
      information we can gather on Father's Day events worldwide. (see
      below for more details on both Book Reviews and the Father's Day
      issue.)

      As always, the groups, orgs, and PEOPLE are of major interest here
      at the DLJ. So if you've got news items relating to your org, or
      someone doing something notable that everyone needs to know about,
      please feel free to post it on the bulletin board at our brother
      site, cyberManbooks.com
      http://www.cybermanbooks.com/cgi-bin/board/ Raymond and I will
      keep an eye on it as well. There will be a link to the BBS on the
      front page of the DLJ so our online readers (now in 35 countries)
      will know where to look for updates on what we're all doing.

      Rev. Mackay's Prayer Circle will continue to accept requests and
      pray for men in crisis everywhere.
      http://www.desertlightjournal.com/prayercircle.html

      We will continue to actively seek out new writers and essays for
      the Guest Editorials and Heart-Man Chronicles. Tell us your story;
      express your opinion - we want your voices heard around the world!

      Love&Light;
      Trudy W. Schuett

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

      Gentlemen,
      If you take no other action for men's rights this year, at least
      read this...
      Some of you may have heard of the California Constitutional
      Challenge, now known as the Legends Father's Rights Legal Aid
      Society. This is a legal movement that teaches men through legal
      means exactly how to assert their constitutional patriarchal
      rights. As such, it has the potential of ending feminism in
      family courts, and saving western civilization from sliding into
      otherwise-inevitable decay.Such decay is otherwise inevitable
      because we are losing the battle to feminists.

      Feminists ensure that men are enslaved and single-mother homes
      become the norm, and single-mother homes result in higher
      delinquency, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy, Columbine-type
      shootings, and most of the other factors that are destroying our
      communities. DO YOU WANT TO HELP PREVENT THIS DESTRUCTION and
      reclaim your own authority as a loving patriarch? You can do it.
      The legal technology is NOW AVAILABLE in California, and by
      extrapolation can eventually apply to all common-law countries.
      Don't wait and see, because WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT, IT WILL
      FAIL.Your donations are requested, large or small. You may know
      Richard (jigcho@...). What you may not know is that he
      works most of his day FOR US. WE WILL LOSE HIM and other good men
      like him without your donation; because they cannot afford to
      continue this work without financial support.

      Or mail your check to Terence Moore, 3600 Penn. Ave. #50, Fremont,
      CA 94536 USA. (Please write "Legal Aid Society" in the memo area
      of the check.)I personally do not receive a penny of your
      donation. Instead, I have donated almost $400 to this so far, but
      I cannot finance it alone. Send what you can. Don't let your
      grandsons and mine down now. This may very well be the turning
      point, and our last best chance to save ourselves from the
      holocaust.

      Sincerely,Terence Moore
      Manworth Moderator
      terence@...

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      MASH FOUNDER NOMINATED FOR AWARD
      Earl Silverman has been nominated for the Therese Casgrain
      Volunteer Award.
      Human Resources Development Canada recognizes the enormous
      contribution volunteers make to their fellow citizens and to
      Canadian Society and this important award is another way of
      showing its appreciation.
      This nomination is one of the 250 nominations acknowledged for
      this year's awards. One Canadian woman and one Canadian man will
      receive this years recognition through the awards. This award not
      only recognizes two great Canadians but the efforts of men and
      women who have contributed to making this country a special place
      to live for all its citizens.

      www.familyofmen.com
      Calgary, Alberta, Canada
      www.bigglesguy.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/can.html

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      SAFE IS GROWING!

      Stop Abuse For Everyone just celebrated a milestone with the
      introduction of our first local chapter: SAFE Northern California
      (Norcal). With 11 more developing chapters in the wings, SAFE is
      poised to
      be a national (and international) organization very shortly.
      http://www.safe4all.org

      Jade Rubick, President
      Stop Abuse For Everyone
      safe@...

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      AFTER>2001 SEEKS AD HELP

      As most of you already know AFTER>2001 is working hard to change
      the way families are be destroyed by a corrupt system. CPS, Family
      Courts, etc. Well in order to compete with the efforts of other
      organizations like the NOW GANG we must get funding for a real
      fight. I have a contact John Spoke with the Washington Times an
      inside the Beltway Icon paper that is read by millions and
      millionaires that can write the kind of checks that will enable us
      to take the fight to these people. Here is the problem to run an
      ad for funding the upfront cost is going to be $1,800 for a week.
      Yes, this is a request for help to raise the $1,800 to get things
      started but I know every father that has been denied access to
      their child knows the price we are already paying and not by
      choice and for most of us the money never gets to the kids, The
      State keeps most of it using excuse after excuse to not give it to
      the ones it is suppose to be for. So if you are tired of being a
      money machine for some system that is only interested in giving
      you the shaft then help us fight back. I am not asking for a lot
      but a few dollars from each will help make changes happen. If you
      can donate that few dollars you can do it on our web site by
      credit card. There is a donation section near the bottom of the
      main page, just use this link http://AFTER2001.net and thank you
      in advance for the help. For those that what to donate directly
      please send what you can to:
      AFTER2001
      PO Box 1131
      Martinsburg, WV 25402
      Please do a little and together we will see the changes that will
      help us all.
      Wishing each of you the best life has to offer
      Bud

      P.S. Keep in mind that this is an effort to make changes that will
      help the kids and the families being destroyed every day. Last
      year 1,277,750 children were removed from their homes based on
      lies. And these DOJ numbers do NOT include the number denied a
      parent because of divorce. We must all realize unless we raise the
      money they will continue to destroy more and more lives.

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      24 FATHERS UNITE AGAINST CHILD SUPPORT

      CAN WE GET 100 or 1000 NAMES AND COMMENTS BEFORE
      FATHERS DAY SUNDAY 16 JUNE 2002?
      PLEASE DISTRIBUTE FREELY
      FATHERS UNITE AGAINST THE (UK) CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY
      PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME AND COMMENT NOW

      [ IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF LIVE BEAT DADS - send to - Dave
      Ellison <mad-dogs@...> ]

      alternatively, send to skitt@... and I'll add your name
      and comment to the list.- skitt

      1. ALAN: chair@...
      2. BRIAN: maclean2uk@...
      3. SKITT: skitt@...
      4. MATTHAUS: matthaus.huber@...
      5. DUNCAN braveheart50000@...
      6. HAMISH: pareweescone@...
      7. RICHARD (in USA): jigcho@...
      8. Dave Ellison mad-dogs@...
      9. Bernd :manegial@...
      10. Todd toadster@...
      11 Len lbd@...
      12.. Mike spaniola@...
      13.Phil PHIL@...
      14. Bud wvcountryman50@...
      Bud Johnson President of AFTER>2001
      15. Rick advocate66@...
      16. Eugene eugene@...
      17. Paul. W. paulmw@...
      18. Kevin Flamingo.p.m@...
      19. Spencer southafrica0009@...
      20. Shaun justjesting@...
      21. Hal hallegere@...
      22. Gregory Romeo GRomeo747@...
      23. Darryl B. McDowell ApostleDBM@...
      24. Ted Diggins

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      A MATTER OF JUSTICE HOLDS NATIONWIDE DEMOS

      From Mr. Jacob Roginsky:
      Contact: Jacob Roginsky, Ph.D., President
      A Matter of Justice Coalition, Tel. (toll free) (877) 669-5646
      president@...
      http://www.amatterofjustice.org
      The Harsh Reality
      Today the ordinary Americans are denied access to justice. The
      courts are lawless and intellectually dishonest. The legal
      profession demonstrates cavalier disregard for the rights of the
      American families, blatantly interfering in family affairs,
      breaking ties between the parents and children and causing both
      great pain and suffering. It has driven millions of hard-working
      honest people into financial ruin and emotional devastation. Many
      innocent people have lost freedom. Non-violent petty offenders
      often receive harsh sentences while most hard-core white collar
      criminals go unpunished.

      Please Notice that on May 3, 2002, at 12:00 p.m., the coalition A
      Matter of Justice will hold four demonstrations:
      in Manhattan's Foley Square Park;
      at the 4th Fed. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va;
      at the 6th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, Ohio
      and
      at a branch of the 9th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals in
      Pasadena, California.
      We are rallying to protest the corruption in the legal system and
      the abuse of our Constitutional rights by judges, prosecutors,
      social workers and attorneys. We are protesting the lack of
      effective complaint mechanisms against those who violate our
      rights under the color of law. We demand a systemic reform of the
      legal system that would address these inequities. Amongst other,
      we seek the appointment of citizens' commissions to a) investigate
      the current state of affairs in the legal system, b) recommend
      remedial actions for the victims of abuse in the legal system and
      c) recommend measures to prevent further abuse of citizens by the
      legal system.

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      WEBSITE NEWS
      http://www.malecontraceptives.org/activism/index.htm Just like it
      says, this site is about new research into contraceptives for men.

      MDSA is the only organization in the world specializing in
      mother-daughter sexual abuse. We are also distinguished by the
      innovative online group experience we provide for survivors.
      http://mdsasupport.homestead.com/

      Strupper Enterprises has written a freeware program called DIVOREC
      (DIVOrce RECords). This program is intended to assist you in
      maintaining records after your divorce. One of the most important
      things after a divorce is accurate record keeping, to insure that
      you
      have yourself "covered" in the event of your ex-spouse attempting
      cause problems for you. DIVOREC allows you to keep ALL your
      divorce
      related information in one place.
      Please go to http://www.strupper-enterprises.com/
      and select "PC Downloads".

      There is a new Guest Editorial at
      http://www.desertlightjournal.com/guest.html
      by Bill Wood

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      BOOK REVIEWS AT THE DLJ

      To kick off this new feature, "The Ultimate Survival Guide for the
      Single Father," by Thomas Hoerner is reviewed by cyberManbooks
      author Bernard Chapin. The purpose of this section is to give
      exposure to our friends who've written new books, and are
      self-published or published by smaller houses. These kinds of
      books often have trouble finding publications willing to review
      them. We hope to give our fellow writers a better chance at a
      targeted market.

      We will be happy to review either print or e-books. In exchange,
      all we ask is that you review someone else's book. Your review
      will appear with credit and information on your own book. We will
      publish as many reviews each month as we have completed. For more
      information, e-mail us at dsrlite@...
      The review section is at
      http://www.desertlightjournal.com/bookreviews.html

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^
      SPECIAL FATHER'S DAY ISSUE

      For the June issue, appearing June 1, 2002, we're looking for
      essays and stories about fathers, being a father, not being a
      father - you get the idea. Also recipes, clean jokes, poems,
      anything goes! We also want details of any and all Father's day
      events in your area, big or small. Send us what you've got by
      Sunday, May 26, 2002.

      Written material submitted to the DLJ remains the property of the
      author. Submission constitutes permission for one-time,
      e-publishing of the material. As the DLJ is a non-profit,
      community service publication, writers are considered to be
      volunteers and their work to be a donation of service.

      *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.-*
      "The writer must be a participant in the scene while he's writing
      it."
      -- Hunter Thompson

      *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:**:-.,_,.-:

      Trudy W. Schuett
      Publisher
      http://www.desertlightjournal com/
      PO Box 1252 Yuma AZ 85366

      This e-zine may be shared or forwarded provided the entire
      publication is sent.
      To subscribe to the DesertLight Journal, send a blank e-mail to
      dsrtlite@... with "subscribe" in the subject line. To
      unsubscribe, send a blank e-mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject
      line.
      Commentary and contributed articles are not necessarily the
      opinion of the DesertLight
      Journal. We strive to include all views in the emerging men's
      rights movement, and
      therefore cannot be expected to agree with everything. We are not
      affiliated with, nor do we receive financial support from any
      group or organization.

      �2002 TWSchuett
      All rights reserved
      ISSN: 1538-3857- Library Of Congress, USA

      http://health.yahoo.com