Re: I'm Back! - Nursing Home Adventures

  • QIMNews
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2002
      Bonessa,

      It's good to hear that Coyote and his older brother are hooking up,
      though I think there are better venues than Blink 182. That group
      overdoes the foul mouthed stuff for the age group they are
      entertaining, in my opinion. I saw a clip of the beginning of one of
      their concerts and was chagrined. I haven't listened to much of
      their music, so that may be OK.

      Welcome to the world of Big Bucks as a health care worker. We're
      rolling now, aren't we Bonessa? I did that CNA thing two years ago
      after having done the work on and off for thirty years. It was neat
      because one of my favorite nursing home spervisors taught the class
      and was from my home town area too. I had worked in all the nursing
      homes around town and the one she ran was the best. She was a real
      pro and one that stood out. It's a treat knowing and working with
      those kind of folks.

      Tom

      --- In aum@y..., "bonijean11" <bonijean11@y...> wrote:
      > I just went and checked the post office box. I passed the CNA
      test.
      > I thought for sure that I messed up on the practical test but I
      knew
      > that I aced the written test. Now I can support me and the
      Heyookah
      > Child in the life that he wants to be accostumed to. I can see
      the
      > kid counting my money already. Luckily, he and his big brother
      are
      > going to a Blink 182 concert in Virginia Beach in May. His
      brother
      > has been on the SSGeorgeWashington crusing the Virgin Islands but
      > will be on leave soon. Last time, they said that they slipped the
      > kid into a sailor suit and snuck him into a hoochie koochie bar. I
      > think he's telling my a tall tale. My older son is much too
      > conservative to do something like that. Although that Blink182
      music
      > is anything but conservative. I must be on the road to recovery.
      > started actually liking that music for awhile but I am back to
      > listening to Country much to the Heyookah Child's dismay.
      >
      > Bonessa
    • bonijean11
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2002
        I agree, I think that Blink182 is a notalent awful band, Coyote's also going to a GreenDay Concert and they are simi okay. If I had my way, I'ld have my kid listening to a steady diet of Mozart, Mangione, and Reba. <He says Reba can't sing, LOL! I don't think that Blink182 can sing> With teenagers, you win the battles that you can win. I'll be glad just to get him off of those blasted cigarettes that he thinks I don't know about. At least, he won't be able to sneek any away from his step-father's stash anymore. I have the keys to our new apartment and will be moving in over the week. No cigarette, booze, mindaltering chemicals or hedonistic sensual gratification is allowed in my apartment. The apartment is actually two apartments combined into one - so Coyote has his own. He likes that idea. He may have his own wicked plans but little does he know, I have spys. This is small town USA, kids can't get away with nothing.

        Bonessa

        --- In aum@y..., "QIMNews" <qim@a...> wrote:
        > Bonessa,
        >
        > It's good to hear that Coyote and his older brother are hooking up,
        > though I think there are better venues than Blink 182. That group
        > overdoes the foul mouthed stuff for the age group they are
        > entertaining, in my opinion. I saw a clip of the beginning of one of
        > their concerts and was chagrined. I haven't listened to much of
        > their music, so that may be OK.
        >
        > Welcome to the world of Big Bucks as a health care worker. We're
        > rolling now, aren't we Bonessa? I did that CNA thing two years ago
        > after having done the work on and off for thirty years. It was neat
        > because one of my favorite nursing home spervisors taught the class
        > and was from my home town area too. I had worked in all the nursing
        > homes around town and the one she ran was the best. She was a real
        > pro and one that stood out. It's a treat knowing and working with
        > those kind of folks.
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > --- In aum@y..., "bonijean11" <bonijean11@y...> wrote:
        > > I just went and checked the post office box. I passed the CNA
        > test.
        > > I thought for sure that I messed up on the practical test but I
        > knew
        > > that I aced the written test. Now I can support me and the
        > Heyookah
      • qim
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2002
          --- In aum@y..., "bonijean11" <bonijean11@y...> wrote:
          >If I had my way, I'ld have my kid listening to a steady diet of
          Mozart, Mangione, and Reba.

          What? Torture the kid? I'd rather he listen to foul mouthed rockers.
          The best rockers and anti-feminists are Offspring and Limp Bizqit,
          with Eminem taking the prize in the rap category.

          >I'll be glad just to get him off of those blasted cigarettes that he
          thinks I don't know about.

          I tell my kids they can do as many drugs they want to, though I tell
          them it's a very bad idea, but to stay away from cigarrettes. At
          least with drugs you crash and burn fast, but with cigarrettes, it's
          an insideous long term death. Also, if there is a "gateway drug",
          cigarrettes fill the bill.

          > He likes that idea. He may have his own wicked plans but little
          does he know, I have spys. This is small town USA, kids can't get
          away with nothing.

          Yes, I like small towns for that reason, but it works the other way
          when it comes to disributing drugs. I lived in small towns and I'll
          never forget when I first was selling alittle hashish in my
          hometown. I was selling to friends who were in college and knew some
          had younger brothers. I told them NOT to give it to their younger
          brothers. One day my high school next door nieghbor yelled across
          the driveway, "Hey Tom, that hash you have is great!!" He wasn't
          even supposed to know that I was a pot head!! I stopped selling
          hashish in my hometown after that.

          Tom
        • Spencer Mewha
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2, 2002
            Lol, I laughed when I seen the start of this, talking about Mozart being torture. It's the best music that I've ever heard in my life. Trouble is that there's only so many pieces that were written in his short life. Where-as with radio on can listen to endless pieces.

            Regards Spence
            >If I had my way, I'ld have my kid listening to a steady diet of
            Mozart, Mangione, and Reba.

            What?  Torture the kid?  I'd rather he listen to foul mouthed rockers.
            The best rockers and anti-feminists are Offspring and Limp Bizqit,
            with Eminem taking the prize in the rap category.

            >I'll be glad just to get him off of those blasted cigarettes that he
            thinks I don't know about.

            I tell my kids they can do as many drugs they want to, though I tell
            them it's a very bad idea, but to stay away from cigarrettes.  At
            least with drugs you crash and burn fast, but with cigarrettes, it's
            an insideous long term death.  Also, if there is a "gateway drug",
            cigarrettes fill the bill.

            > He likes that idea.  He may have his own wicked plans but little
            does he know, I have spys.  This is small town USA, kids can't get
            away with nothing.

            Yes, I like small towns for that reason, but it works the other way
            when it comes to disributing drugs.  I lived in small towns and I'll
            never forget when I first was selling alittle hashish in my
            hometown.  I was selling to friends who were in college and knew some
            had younger brothers.  I told them NOT to give it to their younger
            brothers.  One day my high school next door nieghbor yelled across
            the driveway, "Hey Tom, that hash you have is great!!"  He wasn't
            even supposed to know that I was a pot head!!  I stopped selling
            hashish in my hometown after that.

            Tom

            THE MASCULIST TRINITY
            http://www.geocities.com/qim/masculisttrinity.htm

          • bonijean11
            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2002
              --- In aum@y..., "qim" <qim@y...> wrote:

              > The best rockers and anti-feminists are Offspring and Limp Bizqit,
              > with Eminem taking the prize in the rap category.
              Cool, I keep those rockers in mind when I get the kid some music.

              > >I'll be glad just to get him off of those blasted cigarettes that
              he thinks I don't know about.

              > I tell my kids they can do as many drugs they want to, though I
              tell them it's a very bad idea, but to stay away from cigarrettes.
              At least with drugs you crash and burn fast, but with cigarrettes,
              it's an insideous long term death. Also, if there is a "gateway
              drug", cigarrettes fill the bill.

              I'ld like to keep my son off drugs AND cirgarette. Personally, I
              think drug laws are stupid and do nothing but provide job security
              for lawyers, cops, and jailers - also drug counselers. Still, I
              would rather not give them my hard earned tax dollars at my son's
              expense.

              > > He likes that idea. He may have his own wicked plans but little
              > does he know, I have spys. This is small town USA, kids can't get
              > away with nothing.
              >
              > Yes, I like small towns for that reason, but it works the other way
              > when it comes to disributing drugs. I lived in small towns and

              For awhile, we had one of the town cops who was a drug dealer. Small
              Town USA and Rednecks R Us...........

              Bonessa