[aum] Hello

  • CEVM
    Message 1 of 86 , Aug 31, 1999
      Sent to you by Rev. Dennis Austin

      Subject:  Blue Ribbons

          A teacher in New York decided to honor each of her seniors in high
      school by telling them the difference they each made. Using a process
      developed by Helice Bridges of Del Mar, California, she called each
      student to the front of the class, one at a time. First she told them
      how the student made a difference to her and the class. Then she
      presented each of them with a blue ribbon imprinted with gold letters
      which read, "Who I Am Makes a Difference."  Afterwards the teacher
      decided to do a class project to see what kind of impact recognition
      would have on a community. She gave each of the students three more
      ribbons and instructed them to go out and spread this acknowledgment
      ceremony. Then they were to follow up on the results, see who honored
      whom, and report back to the class in about a week.

           One of the boys in the class went to a junior executive in a
      nearby company and honored him for helping him with his career
      planning. He gave him a blue ribbon and put it on his shirt. Then he
      gave him two extra ribbons, and said, "We're doing a class project on
      recognition, and we'd like you to go out, find somebody to honor, give
      them a blue ribbon, then give them the extra blue ribbon so they can
      acknowledge a third person to keep this acknowledgment ceremony going.
      Then, please, report back to me and tell me what happened"

           Later that day the junior executive went in to see his boss, who
      had been noted, by the way, as being kind of a grouchy fellow. He sat
      his boss down and he told him that he deeply admired him for being a
      creative genius.  The boss seemed very surprised. The junior executive
      asked him if he would accept the gift of the blue ribbon and would he
      give him permission to put it on him. His surprised boss said, "Well,
      sure." The junior executive took the blue ribbon and placed it right on
      his boss's jacket above his heart.  As he gave him the last extra
      ribbon he said, "Would you do me a favor?  Would you take this extra
      ribbon and pass it on by honoring somebody else? The young boy who
      first gave me the ribbons is doing a project in school, and we want to
      keep this recognition ceremony going and find out how it affects
      people."

           That night the boss came home to his 14-year-old son and sat him
      down. He said, "The most incredible thing happened to me today. I was
      in my office and one of the junior executives came in and told me he
      admired me and gave me a blue ribbon for being a creative genius.  Then
      he put this blue ribbon that says, "Who I Am Makes a Difference" on my
      jacket above my heart. He gave me an extra ribbon and asked me to find
      somebody else to honor. As I was driving home tonight, I started
      thinking about whom I would honor with this ribbon and I thought about
      you. I want to honor you. "My days are really hectic, and when I come
      home, I don't pay a lot of attention to you.  Sometimes I scream at you
      for not getting good enough grades in school and for your bedroom being
      a mess, but somehow tonight, I just wanted to sit here and, well, just
      let you know that you do make a difference to me.  Besides your mother,
      you are the most important person in my life. You're a great kid and I
      love you!"  The startled boy started to sob and sob, and he couldn't
      stop crying. His whole body shook. He looked up at his father and said
      through his tears, "I've been thinking lately about killing myself,
      Dad, because I didn't think you loved me. Now I don't need to."

           If you have anyone who means a lot to you, I encourage you to send
      them this message and let them know. You never know what kind a
      difference a little encouragement can make to a person. Send it to all
      of the people who mean anything important to you, or send it to the one
      or two people who mean the most. Or just smile and know that someone
      thinks that you are important, or you wouldn't have received this in
      the first place. Remember that! I give you a blue ribbon. Who you are
      makes a difference!

      A FRIEND.....

        (A)ccepts you as you are
        (B)elieves in "you"
        (C)alls you just to say "HI"
        (D)oesn't give up on you
        (E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
        (F)orgives your mistakes
        (G)ives unconditionally
        (H)elps you
        (I)nvites you over
        (J)ust "be" with you
        (K)eeps you close at heart
        (L)oves you for who you are
        (M)akes a difference in your life
        (N)ever Judges
        (O)ffers support
        (P)icks you up
        (Q)uiets your fears
        (R)aises your spirits
        (S)ays nice things about you
        (T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
        (U)nderstands you
        (V)alues you
        (W)alks beside you
        (X)-plain things you don't understand
        (Y)ells when you won't listen and
        (Z)aps you back to reality

       "Flexible people don't get bent out of shape."
    • Earl
      Message 86 of 86 , Mar 8, 2007
        Hello, it is nice to meet you all.

        Well here is a bit of information about me, I'm a thirty six year old
        disabled man who has been mentally poisoned by the feminist hate
        mongering, I have and still have many questions of myself as a man and
        I hope that by talking with other men that I will find some answers to
        the question of myself as well as find a balance between being a true
        man and a hateful male.

        I see that today's world is stacked against men in so many ways it is
        amazing that there are still any true men in the this world of hate and
        violence between men and women, I hope to make friends here and be able
        to talk about the issues I have concerning the status of men in the
        world and the seemingly insane path of self destruction of men and
        woman due to the hate mongering of both men and women.

        Kargan