Overt Male-Bashing in TV Ads!!!

  • barrett_9317
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      This flagrant character assassination must stop! Has anybody
      noticed the recent rash of Misandrist TV ad spots? For instance, the
      latest commercial for Hefty Trash Bags, which plays upon standard
      Feminist cliches to compare men with garbage? Or the J. C.
      Penny "One-Day Sale" ad? This stuff is becoming more and more
      common, and if we don't lobby some of these companies, this male-
      bashing in television will continue to be permitted, until it is
      engrained in the minds of impressionable children everywhere, and it
      could very well affect the youth of America, including the folks in
      my 17-19 age range. What can we do to make this end?!

      ---Barrett
    • Spencer Mewha
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
        Yes mate, we noticed it. Some of us have been fighting it for over 20 years.

        Regards Spence
             This flagrant character assassination must stop!  Has anybody
        noticed the recent rash of Misandrist TV ad spots?  For instance, the
        latest commercial for Hefty Trash Bags, which plays upon standard
        Feminist cliches to compare men with garbage?  Or the J. C.
        Penny "One-Day Sale" ad?  This stuff is becoming more and more
        common, and if we don't lobby some of these companies, this male-
        bashing in television will continue to be permitted, until it is
        engrained in the minds of impressionable children everywhere, and it
        could very well affect the youth of America, including the folks in
        my 17-19 age range.  What can we do to make this end?!

             ---Barrett

        THE MASCULIST TRINITY
        http://www.geocities.com/qim/masculisttrinity.htm

      • DLiving497@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
          In a message dated 4/1/2002 5:43:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, OddballSBD@... writes:

          What can we do to make this end?!

          Post the address of their marketing Depts. and CEO"s if possible to find them. A letter writeing champain might help if folks would actually do it.
        • Coyote Boy
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2002
            We need to boycot Hefty Trash Bags and JC Penny - and
            let them know why we are boycotting them.
            Coyote

            --- barrett_9317 <OddballSBD@...> wrote:
            > This flagrant character assassination must
            > stop! Has anybody
            > noticed the recent rash of Misandrist TV ad spots?
            > For instance, the
            > latest commercial for Hefty Trash Bags, which plays
            > upon standard
            > Feminist cliches to compare men with garbage? Or
            > the J. C.
            > Penny "One-Day Sale" ad? This stuff is becoming
            > more and more
            > common, and if we don't lobby some of these
            > companies, this male-
            > bashing in television will continue to be permitted,
            > until it is
            > engrained in the minds of impressionable children
            > everywhere, and it
            > could very well affect the youth of America,
            > including the folks in
            > my 17-19 age range. What can we do to make this
            > end?!
            >
            > ---Barrett

            =====

            Coyote Boy
            If, in this post, I have been obnoxious or
            otherwise managed to shoot my mouth in the foot,
            please always remember and don't ever forget:
            Tact is for weenies.

            http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/