Re: Masculist and Feminist Theology

  • ursularoos
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 1, 2002
      Judith,

      I don't think you get it:

      In masculist theology, God can be destroyed in exactly the way Mab was
      destroyed in _The Mists of Avalon_. Women (and, presumably, men)
      merely have to turn their backs on him and "poof"--he's gone.

      It's a different deck of cards than you're probably used to dealing
      with--this isn't an omniscient, and certainly not an omnipotent, God.

      This is a god who is easily destroyed on a whim.
      This is a god who can't hold up against any world view but his own
      without crumbling to it.
      This is an Ozymandias god.

      Ursula

      > Ah...remember the part about the priority the Bible gave to "sexual
      > relations" and how a gross misinterpretion of it "destroys God"?
      > Neutering God and bringing forward the Goddess will effectively
      > destroy God and the feminists knew that from the outset and have
      > folks like you carrying it out. They know that one of you is worth
      > more than five lesbos in the campaigne office. You are doing the
      > feminists bidding at the expense of God, which consequently ends up
      > in undermiing or destroying the culture your operating in. If it
      > weren't for the awesome technology American Men created the past 150
      > years, an Afghasn tribe could easily take over the whole country.
      > Our technology won't protect us forever, but God will.
      >
      > Tom
    • Aaron Burr
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 6, 2002
        Dear Spence,

        Hmmm. I missed what you were alledging. Apparently you are a creationist.
        (Is this what you are arguing?)

        If so, the argument is still moot. But let me continue.

        "IF" you agree in Darwinsim, that mankind gestated from an earlier kind of
        man (ape--whatever label you endeavor to give it) then, most assuridly, that
        construct of society was held to a Matriarchal condition.

        "IF" you believe in Adam and Eve, regardless, again; in the Bible, it was
        warned not to mingle or associate with the Cannanites (Ergo: the religions
        of Baal and Asheratoreth--sexual perversion and anarchy. Ergo: a
        Matriarchal society).

        In either case, mankind went from a Matriarchy (held in a condition of
        either devolution or in a best case scenario--a stasis of thousands if not
        millions of years) to a Patriarchy, and with the formation of Patriarchy,
        you could now have Western Civlization. (Rights of Law, Property and the
        Individual, vs. tribe).

        My argument is the same in either case.

        Patriarchy: good.

        Matriarchy: bad.