Priest vocations - educating boys

  • Robert C Rhodes
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2000
      The Catholic magazine COMMONWEAL has a relatively new computer
      activity via egroups; the current active participation is reported to be
      80.

      Tom Smith of aum@egroups.com is active (very active) with men's groups
      trying to help with biased courts on child support problems and custody
      cases in divorce settlements.

      Dr Rhodes is interested in getting rid of an emasculating Catholic Church
      and its dominant female congregations, its gay seminaries, and its lav-
      ender rectories. (Dr Rhodes also considers himself a 'heretic' who wants
      the papacy to return to a chancery for the Diocese of Rome, who wants
      repeal of the illegally proclaimed doctrines of papal infallibility and
      the
      immaculate conception by Pius IX, and who yearns to establish The His-
      torical Jesus as against the silly myth with its pagan trinity,
      resiurrection,
      et alia)

      Res judicata herein concerns boys. Boys who will grow (up?) into men,
      some of them candidates for a sorely depleated cadre of new priests who
      have heterosexual orientation. These same boys have need of fathers,
      a parent wisely countermaning well-meaning mothers who influence the
      lads into inappropriated careers among which is the clergy. These same
      fathers have been emasculated by civil rights legislation and are
      themselves
      badly in need of social and political reforms.

      Dr Rhodes proposes that boys are a hefty part of The Common Weal, that
      they are (according to 'expert' studies) two years behind girls in
      intellectual
      and emotional development until late adolescence, and get short shrift in
      classrooms having female teachers and a female-oriented school system,
      with its secular curricula, its gender-integrated classes, and its
      belittling
      snickering of boys natural - and masculine - rambunctiousness.

      Because of its highly developed school system, The Catholic Church has
      the means -- AND the power -- to initiate corrective action for boy
      welfare.
      With its own ambiguous attitudes, however, The Catholic Church lacks the
      WILL to take such corrective action. Along with Garry Wills' PAPAL SIN,
      it
      is probable The CatholicChurch also suffers BISHOPS SIN; bishops, per-
      haps, appointed by The Vatican when they must needs be elected by the
      laity and priesthood.

      Dr Rhodes invites a commonweal@egroups.com participation in such
      cause. He likewise invites support from aum@egroups.com and other
      'male oriented' groups seeking to lessen the delictorious effects our
      soc-
      iety has suffered as a result of civil rights legalities.

      Dr Rhodes
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2000
        --- In aum@egroups.com, Robert C Rhodes <kearny2@j...> wrote:
        > Dr Rhodes invites a commonweal@egroups.com participation in such
        > cause.

        Robert Sir, I did a search of egroups for "commonweal" and nothing
        came up. I'll just go ahead and send the prerequisite commonweal-
        subscribe@egroups.com, but the moderator really should get with the
        program and get it listed.