"Happy" Father(less) Day 2013 Primer

  • Dean G
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10.1 MB
    To All,

    Happy [sic] Father(less) Day to those able to carve out such for themselves.  To the hundreds of thousands unfortunate to be enduring yet another weekend/week/month/year involuntarily separated from one or more family members, through whatever species of State-sanctioned coercions commonly employed, and as yet unable to achieve relief from such, you are not alone.

    To those who have been fortunate to escape from the aforementioned (and John C., you continue to be my shining beacon of inspiration, far outshining any mythical North Star fairy tale figures .... One bright day we will join you and your associated brethren, if not directly, at least vicariously - Olé!), don't offer up vapid opinions, share an outline of the specific steps taken towards that achievement.  Finally, don't abdicate to defeat as is so commonly suggeted by countless supposedly well-meaning "supporters".  That is part of the antagonists' goals, and evil will be victorious if you do.

    "Give me liberty or give me death."
    - Patrick Henry

    "Better to fight for something than live for nothing."
    - George S. Patton

    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burk

    "Let our children judge us for the fight we engage in on their behalf."
    - Ulf Andersson

    “The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it”.
    - Albert Einstein

    "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    - Dean "The Banner Guy" Gottschalk
    , Atlanta, GA, USA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXjsY8ku63g&feature=related
  • Don Mathis
    Message 2 of 4 , Jun 13, 2013
      (In Acrostic poems, the first letters of each line are aligned vertically to form a word.)

      Fathers Day Acrostic – by Don Mathis

      Fathers are fun - and serious too!
      And you learn more from them than you do at school.
      Think of all the good times you've had.
      How would it be without your dad?
      Everything would be harder with no mentor for growth.
      Reflect on the man who loves you the most.
      Soon will come the day for you to fill his shoes.

      Do you think your dad would accept an excuse?
      Always try your best, that's what he would say.
      Yes, think of your dad on this Fathers Day!

      Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2014
        To All,

        Great clip from a recent commercial. Favorable sentiments regarding
        fatherhood.
        Stick around, my yearly Father(less) Day message will be along shortly.

        - DMG
      • Bob Allen
        Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2014
           Today was Father's Day.  I was standing in the Safeway parking lot talking to my wife.  I think we were talking about how many packages of Diet Coke to buy on their sale -- which lasts until Tuesday.  Some men hater feminist assumed that I was an evil man so she came up to save my wife.  Feminists always ramp up their anti-men hate for Father's Day.   That's how my day went.  I was seriously offended.  Her attack was not appreciated by either of us.

          Catch more of The World according to Bob at: http://bobstruth.blogspot.com/

          [Legal Notice: All posts of Bob are rhetorical in nature only, and should not be construed in any other manner. Bob does not advocate insurrection, sedition, murder, violence, assault, or any other criminal or illegal acts. All opinions of Bob are protected political speech under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.]