Re: [AUM] Re: Stay-at-home fathers 'up 10-fold'

  • laurence almand
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
      Andrew -

      You are indeed correct.   There is a huge amount of blatant discrimination against men - especially competent White men - in the workplace, especially in regard to government employment.

      In our modern government bureaucracy, less competent women are often favored and promoted, while competent men are passed over, all in the name of "equality."    (In California there is actually a state regulation that prohibits telling the truth about incompetent females.)

      I worked for the government, so I know what goes on.   Is it any wonder our country is in such a mess?

      Laurence

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

        Yes, I've been passed over for hiring and promotion many times because of systematic racist and sexist discrimination against white men.
        Bob

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 11, 2013
          --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, laurence almand <laurencealmand@...> wrote:

          > You are indeed correct.   There is a huge amount of blatant discrimination against men - especially competent White men - in the workplace, especially in regard to government employment.

          As to government employment, I always wonder why no one, is the men's movement or elsewhere, has asked to bring back the old civil service exam system. We at least know it worked, and can't help but producing a better class of government workers than we have today. It was ended of course because people complained that women and blacks were discriminated against by it, and no one wants to seem 'racist' or 'sexist', plus the right is obsessed with the pure capitalist philosophy that could not endorse such a thing, refusing to see jobs as benefits and thinking the government should operate like private business.

          I never experienced it myself, but I've heard enough references to it that I have a fair idea. We have come so far from that now, that it is widely admitted that a white man who's not a veteran has no chance of getting a Federal job.

          > In our modern government bureaucracy, less competent women are often favored and promoted, while competent men are passed over, all in the name of "equality."    (In California there is actually a state regulation that prohibits telling the truth about incompetent females.)

          In both government and private business, I bet most of the people in charge (if they're white men, at least) know what's going on but can't act on it because of the modern rules and taboo against speaking about it.

          Andrew Usher
        • laurence almand
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 11, 2013

            When I worked for the San Francisco Police Department in the early 80s,  the police tests were judged to be "discriminatory"  because the dumb Blacks and physically weak females could not pass them.

            To put the lid on, most of the written tests  - which are crucial to choosing the best officers - were thrown out because they "discriminated" against incompetent minorities and stupid illiterates.

            The result was the virtual ruin of the SFPD, where modern  "officers"  can hardly read the instruction books.   The SFPD has the lowest crime-clearance rate of any major city in California.  In view of the people they are forced to hire, it is no wonder.

            In the old days the government was able to chose the best and the brightest, nowadays they have to take the worst and the stupidest.   All in the name of "equality" nonsense.

            And yes, competent White males often find it impossible to get government jobs, especially in the Fed.  Look at the mess the Postal Service is in -  but just try getting a job with the USPS if you are a competent White male!

            Ayn Rand was right.  The favoritism of mediocrity is bringing about the downfall of our society  - just look around you.

            Laurence