Re: [AUM] Re: Letter Published, Misandry in the New York Times

  • Don Mathis
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
      Let's see if the 'logic' of Andrew Usher covers this circumstance:

      "I, though, don't see why there's no middle ground. One can say that while driving while intoxicated is not desirable, it's not the end of the world either, nor can one call it evil. It's simply an unfortunate circumstance that happens for many reasons."

      Nope!

      The statistics may show that most kids reared by single-moms turn out OK. But statistics also show that most drunk drivers make it home without getting into a wreck. Nevertheless, there are enough alcohol-related accidents to warrant stringent drunk-driving laws.

      And there are too many statistics that show what happens to kids raised w/o a dad.

      Don, the 14%er

      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
        The drunk driving laws like most feminist "safety" laws are draconian.  Are you crazy Don?  This sort of thing absolutely oppresses men, especially poor men.  I agree there needs to be some controls but what we have now as controls are way overboard and abusive.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
          Right on, Tom.   Anti-alcohol laws have been a FEMINIST hate program since the WCTU lobbied prohibition into the US Constitution.   They can't do that again, so now feminist HATE groups like MADD use driving to attack and destroy MEN.

          Note that in 2010 government statistics show that 31% of traffic deaths were "alcohol related" and the other 69% of traffic deaths were sobriety related.  If it was about traffic accidents and death they would outlaw sober driving.   Its not about traffic safety.  Its about HATE!

          Blessings
          Bob

          Catch more of The World according to Bob at: http://bobstruth.blogspot.com/[Legal Notice: All posts of Bob are rhetorical in nature only, and should not be construed in any other manner. Bob does not advocate insurrection, sedition, murder, violence, assault, or any other criminal or illegal acts. All opinions of Bob are protected political speech under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.]

          The drunk driving laws like most feminist "safety" laws are draconian.  Are you crazy Don?  This sort of thing absolutely oppresses men, especially poor men.  I agree there needs to be some controls but what we have now as controls are way overboard and abusive.

          It's really the pervasive bias behind these articles more than any specific claim that troubles me. That's hard to see, though. Too, feminism has made this a political issue, so I'm not surprised some men respond in kind. I, though, don't see why there's no middle ground. One can say that while single motherhood is not desirable, it's not the end of the world either, nor can one call it evil. It's simply an unfortunate circumstance that happens for many reasons. That's always been my belief. Andrew Usher
        • k_over_hbarc
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
            --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Smith <qim@...> wrote:

            > The drunk driving laws like most feminist "safety" laws are draconian. Are you crazy Don? This sort of thing absolutely oppresses men, especially poor men. I agree there needs to be some controls but what we have now as controls are way overboard and abusive.

            Yes, I basically agree with this on drunk driving. Additionally, this is part of my point: there is a 'middle ground' on drunk driving, so why can't there be one on single mothers?

            Andrew Usher
          • k_over_hbarc
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
              --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Don Mathis <fourteenpercenter@...> wrote:

              > The statistics may show that most kids reared by single-moms turn out OK. But statistics also show that most drunk drivers make it home without getting into a wreck. Nevertheless, there are enough alcohol-related accidents to warrant stringent drunk-driving laws.
              >
              > And there are too many statistics that show what happens to kids raised w/o a dad.

              I don't deny the facts. I do think they're over-valued by people like you, though, there are too many variables. And I know I'm not going to change your mind on this, either, it's your fixed idea that single mothers are evil, and that's where you're going to keep ending up.

              But I don't trust anyone that is so obsessed with a single issue that they're willing to discard reason and justice on anything else to get their way. I talked to a guy once extensively that had some good ideas, and agreed with me on lots of things including much about education - but he couldn't get past his fixed idea that 'public schools are evil', and attacked me whenever I tried to say anything positive about them at all (while of course acknowledging their imperfections). Talking to you feels just like talking to that guy.

              Andrew Usher
            • Advocate
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                Tom,
                You are going to love this; rthe new drinking laws here are based on .05 from the usual .08. That is only one beer or glass of wine with dinner. If caught; 3 days suspension and the car is ceased.

                --
                www.familyofmen.com

                Live for nothing; die for something
              • Bob Allen
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                  There are reasons why corrupt politicians and blue gun thugs need to be shot on sight by every honorable man.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                    As ashsole is a person who presumes to know that you have a "fixed idea" and he knows what it is.
                    If any person on this list wants to hate their penis (if they have one), fine by me. Just please don't hate all masculinity.

                    "In 2002, 32 percent of fatally injured drivers had BACs of at least 0.08 percent."
                    I'm not good at statistics. Does this mean if all drunks were off the road, traffic fatalities could be reduced by a third?

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                      According to those cited statistics, 68% of fatally injured drivers were SOBER!   That's more than twice as many fatalities as the drinking drivers.

                      If it was about safety or reducing fatal accidents, they would make laws against driving SOBER!

                      Its about HATE, anti-men HATE.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                        It looks like several people see nothing wrong with DUI. I guess they never knew anyone injured in a wreck with a drunk driver.
                        Another source reveals, "The percentage of traffic fatalities in the United States because of alcohol use also decreased from a high of 60 percent in 1982 to a low of 39 percent in 2005."  (Hmm, do you think this decrease may have something to do with increased DUI laws?)
                        More: 17 percent of crash fatalities occurred due to unfavorable weather. 16 % due to distractions. Excessive Speed Is A Factor In One Third Of All Fatal Crashes. Sorry, I couldn't find any stats stating that sober driving caused wrecks.
                        The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) noted that in every age group, males died more often in fatal car crashes than females.
                        I'm concerned about the health & well-being of men. Are you?

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                          --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Don Mathis <fourteenpercenter@...> wrote:

                          > As ashsole is a person who presumes to know that you have a "fixed idea" and he knows what it is.
                          > If any person on this list wants to hate their penis (if they have one), fine by me. Just please don't hate all masculinity.

                          I can't help laughing at this. I don't even know what it would mean to 'hate my penis', but you must be pretty sensitive about your idea to call someone that disagrees 'an asshole' who 'hates all masculinity'.

                          > According to http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/DrivingIssues/1101913925.html%c2%a0
                          > "In 2002, 32 percent of fatally injured drivers had BACs of at least 0.08 percent."
                          > I'm not good at statistics. Does this mean if all drunks were off the road, traffic fatalities could be reduced by a third?

                          No, _less than_ a third, as they would have some accidents even if sober, as all drivers do. Driving, not drinking, is the primary hazard.

                          Andrew Usher
                        • k_over_hbarc
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
                            --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Don Mathis <fourteenpercenter@...> wrote:

                            > It looks like several people see nothing wrong with DUI.

                            Your black-and-white thinking is not confined to child custody. Saying that DUI is treated too severely by common opinion is not saying it's a good idea.

                            > I guess they never knew anyone injured in a wreck with a drunk driver.

                            Is it better to be hurt in a wreck with a sober one?

                            Andrew Usher
                          • Bob Allen
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012
                              In US statistics from 2010, only 31% of traffic fatalities were "alcohol related."    69 % of traffic fatalities were sober related.

                              I have known many more people who were injured in traffic crashes caused by sober driving.  For example, some dumb female was busy talking to another dumb female, not watching her driving, and she suddenly tried to turn left from the farthest right (curb) lane.  Her sudden turn put her almost new car sideways right in front of my car in the "inside" lane.  CRASH!

                              Driving while female is a huge cause of traffic crashes.  The crashes per mile driven is much higher than for men, even drunk men.

                              The campaign against "drunken driving" is another feminist hate campaign.  They associate men with drinking, and know that the blue shirt thugs don't arrest females.  Its not about traffic fatalities, crashes, or drinking.  Its all about anti-men HATE!

                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012
                                "In 2002, 32 percent of fatally injured drivers had BACs of at least 0.08 percent."
                                I'm not good at statistics. Does this mean if all drunks were off the road, traffic fatalities could be reduced by a third?"

                                It means that 68% of fatally injured drivers were sober.   What it means is that if sober drivers were all off the road, traffic fatalities could be reduced by TWO thirds.

                                The reason we are talking about it is because FEMINISM has used alcohol as an excuse to HATE MEN for more than a century.    Its not about driving while drinking.  Its about hating men.

                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012
                                  Bob gets it right again..." The campaign against "drunken driving" is another feminist hate campaign.  They associate men with drinking, and know that the blue shirt thugs don't arrest females.  Its not about traffic fatalities, crashes, or drinking.  Its all about anti-men HATE!"

                                  Thanks Bob for saving me some typing.  I would also add that texting and talking on the phone are by far the greatest cause of accidents.  Drunk driving is miniscule compared to that and since it's women doing most of the talking the laws are lame against it.

                                  Common guys, get with it!  Shit like this is a no brainer for anti-feminists.

                                  Tom

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012
                                    The "sober" ones may have been texting or talking on a cell phone.  I don't know the stats but do know that the "talkers" cause more fatal and other accidents than drunk drivers and most of the "talkers" are women naturally.

                                    Tom

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012

                                        That kind of statistic is often misused by feminists.

                                        Men spend far more hours and miles driving than females.   Far more men work in jobs that require driving, cab drivers, truck drivers, police officer, delivery drivers, etc.   Men work far more jobs such as construction or lawn care that requires taking a vehicle with equipment or materials to work. And men commute farther to and from jobs than females.  When not working, men much more often drive to visit her than she drives to visit him.  Men drive farther to visit our kids., etc.  The accident rates PER MILE are much lower for men drivers than for women drivers, but because men drive so many more miles the total accidents and fatalities are higher.

                                        You are right that the death of men in vehicle accidents is always a concern, and often ignored by the media.   Two years ago our local media spent a week blathering about some pig who got shot in a nearby town, but when a garbage collector died on the job in the middle of our town they didn't even bother to report his name.

                                        The death rate of men of all ages is "sobriety related" much more than alcohol related.   Men who are concerned about the death of men should focus of improved job safety practices rather than pushing feminist anti-men hate programs such as MADD.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 3, 2012
                                          --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Bob Allen <bobx23456@...> wrote:

                                          > That kind of statistic is often misused by feminists.
                                          >
                                          > Men spend far more hours and miles driving than females.   Far more men work in jobs that require driving, cab drivers, truck drivers, police officer, delivery drivers, etc.   Men work far more jobs such as construction or lawn care that requires taking a vehicle with equipment or materials to work. And men commute farther to and from jobs than females.  When not working, men much more often drive to visit her than she drives to visit him.  Men drive farther to visit our kids., etc.  The accident rates PER MILE are much lower for men drivers than for women drivers, but because men drive so many more miles the total accidents and fatalities are higher.

                                          I don't think he has an answer for this.

                                          What's the actual figures and why doesn't everyone know?

                                          > You are right that the death of men in vehicle accidents is always a concern, and often ignored by the media.

                                          I think they have an excuse here as most deaths in car accidents, male or female, are not particularly newsworthy. I wonder if this leads people to underestimate just how many people do die because of vehicles - it's over 1% of all deaths I believe.

                                          Andrew Usher
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 4, 2012
                                            Thanks again Bob.

                                            Tom