Re: [AUM] Re: Letter Published, Can the pity party

  • Advocate
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 9, 2012
      Agree Andrew. But we should also see a birth control pill for men to be equally developed before both are provided free.

      On 3/9/2012 4:30 AM, k_over_hbarc wrote:

      --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Smith <qim@...> wrote:

      > Fuck equality. Â That is the scam and lie that got us into this mess. Â Men and women are too unequal by nature to make them equal. Â That should be the business of the culture and market, not the law.

      Well I know the frustration but the concept of equality really is necessary in the law. Besides if we abandoned it our opponents can still use it to demand women's rights.

      On this issue specifically I tend to think birth control should not be covered by insurance. But if it is I see no problem insisting that men be covered as equally as possible. What about condoms, by the way? I don't see anyone demanding free condoms from doctors; heh, maybe guys would just be too embarrassed to ask!

      Andrew Usher

      --
      Live for nothing; die for something
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 9, 2012
        I'll vouch for Andrew.

        Many mra's are going the equality route.  It's a waste of time and we need to be consistent and be libertarian on this issue.  Somebody has to do the heavy work of the future.

        Tom

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 9, 2012
          Tom; equality does not mean equal.
          How does a libertarian describe the differences and similarities between men and women?
          Men do the heavy work and woman bare foot and prego in the kitchen?