Re: [video] "I pledge" to be a "servant" to Barack Obama?

  • mrmtnhiker
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
      <<< this is something that needs regular discussion >>>

      I agree. For me personally I have discovered that I can find out why I think what I think. That takes a desire for truth and a desire and ability to separate emotion from reason. It also takes a concept of morality that transcends Western tradition.

      There is a strong sentiment of pride for all things Western in this nation just because it's Western. Here is what I think is a good example: "My father was this way and his father before him, so don't tell me that's wrong. I will live this way and teach my children to". Well if that was all about his father having slaves that volunteered themselves into servitude for a period there is nothing wrong with that. But if that was all about his fathers being slave traders that is wrong and immoral.

      So many in the masses, so many voters are led so easily sometimes, and they may not have the desire to understand what happened to make them think the way they do. That is why we need leaders that do.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
        LARRY SAID...

        "So many in the masses, so many voters are led so easily sometimes, and they may not have the desire to understand what happened to make them think the way they do. That is why we need leaders that do."

        The problem we are confronting, sexual politics, is something no man or politician has been able to confront directly throughout history.  It's not in our natures.  Religion...God, has been the only one to be able to help men in this respect.  Religion has failed or been coopted by women or the feminists.  That doesn't mean they are out of the game, but need some help doing what they are supposed to be doing.  We are doing God's work here... make no mistake about that.

        The historical and political analysis of this has been lacking for some reason.  It's odd and I can't really say why.  Now that I have a pretty complete overview of american history vis a vis this problem, it seems as obvious as can be as to the how and why the problem developed here in America.

        I'm short on time but I will write up a summary of what I have learned.  I can make it pretty short too that's how simple it is.

        Tom

        ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ==
        --- In aum@yahoogroups. com, Tom Smith <qim@...> wrote:

        > Hi Larry,
        > Yes, the book "What Hath God Wrought" is an excellent and in depth look at this pivotal period of American History (1815-1848).  The cultural and political movements that were emerging and coalescing during this time are still with us.  It was the use of women in politics that was key to the whole process and was the basis for the formation of the Republican Party.  The Dems were the conservatives of that time but that changed with FDR, or at least is started to change with FDR and was consummated with LBJ.  After the Civil War the dems were the perpetual minority party who were continually getting whacked by the progressives of the Right.  So FDR decided to change that by outflanking the repubs on prorgressivism.  Because of party loyalty and the dems feet dragging on Civil Rights ("states rights"), they were able to maintain their majority after FDR, but as soon as they embraced Civil Rights totally with LBJ, they became the new progressives
        > (women's party).  The repubs then became the feet draggers on civil rights (States Rights) and women's issues.  Neither party will ever drop the women's stuff but we do have a shot at ending civil rights, or at least de-balling it, which would level the playing field enough to make progress both politicall and socially for men.
        > I may be wrong about strategy, but this is something that needs regular discussion.
        > Tom

      • Spence
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 28, 2009
          Hi Larry

          Comments within the [brackets] below.

          With kind regards

          Spence

          You have to watch the whole entire video to see what they are doing and the tactics they are using. They put the Progressive agenda at the end of it, this is a manipulation tactic.

          [I find that easy to believe.]

          They first say all these nice and good things that they will do that everyone agrees to, that gets the defenses down for the young and impressionable (ignorant). Then they insert the political, progressive things, like

          "I pledge to promote stem cell research"
          [promote abortion]

          [Yea, they kill over 200,000 per year in the uk per yr too.]

          "I pledge to use less plastic and help save the earth"
          [global warming is not affected by people, it is a normal cycle, but it is now a multi-billion dollar industry]

          [Yea, I picked up on that too. I knew they were talking sh*t. And I'm not paying them for it.]

          "I pledge to help make America a nation of intelligent people and not ignorant people" ["everyone knows" Progressivism is just "common sense", right? It's only "idiots" and Neanderthal throwbacks that don't understand Progressive causes come against them]

          "I pledge to free slaves"
          [What does that include? Women married to men who are housewives raising children? Virgins that men marry?]

          [Exactly.]

          Mainly it's the Progressive tactic that activism in-and-of-itself is good and noble. "Pledging" is what they are selling first and foremost. It's not so important what you pledge, as long as you pledge, they are confident you will fall instep. Feminists use this tactic for young girls all the time. There's even a clothing store named "Justice for girls".

          [Yup, and see getting them to fall asleep? Yea, well that's when the human mind is most susceptible to brainwashing/propaganda. I'm Very well read on it and find it fascinating.]

          Feminists and Progressives know that their agenda is very prevalent, and that it permeates the culture strongly. They also know all young, new activists are ignorant and impressionable so they are going to take up the "popular causes", there will be no real thought going into it, just lots of "exciting zeal" and emotion*.

          Those may not be the best examples I gave above, it's just what I remember from it. I may watch it some more and make a real list of everything.

          Larry

          * "It's not good to have zeal without knowledge" -- The Bible

          ---Recent Activity
           2New Members
          Visit Your Group
          Give Back