A Hippie Without a Tribe

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
      Yep, in one of the many ironies of our age, I have been "banned" from
      my old hippie group. Why? For being obnoxious and talking political
      shit? It used to be cool and hip. What is an old hippie to do?

      Here was the message when I went to join the "Broad-Street" yahoogroup:

      "You have been banned from this group by the group moderator (Yahoo! ID
      banned: qim). You may not join the group Broad-Street."

      I should note that I wasn't very obnoxious and my political sins are
      anti-feminism, plus in an act of contrition I turned the group over to
      the very people who are now banning me. The group is heavily moderated
      with no talk of politics or of the so called sins of our youth. The
      few anti-feminists who read this will recognize the routine. It reeks
      of how our youthful idealism has been turned against us.

      BTW, almost the exact same thing happenned on my IslaVista group. The
      group that split away and was later formed by a Geoff look alike is now
      dead. There's trouble in paradise.

      Blame is not the point. But what has happenned needs to be examined
      and not suppressed. I know we are old but there's no excuse for it in
      the context of our age or at our ages.

      Smitty
      Owner of the successful and long running (8 years) yahoogroups
      "Autimslist" (850 Members), "AUM" (280), "MensRights" (200) and
      assorted other groups totalling 500 members. All totalling 1800
      members. No small achievement on the net.

      Bored stiff? Loosen up...
      http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
        I know exactly where you come from Tom. I've been banned from
        several yahoo groups for being unflinching anti-feminist and pro-
        men.

        Bob

        Catch more of The World according to Bob at:
        http://bobstruth.blogspot.com/

        ______________

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
          --- Bob <bobx23456@...> wrote:

          > I know exactly where you come from Tom. I've been banned from
          > several yahoo groups for being unflinching anti-feminist and pro-
          > men.

          It even happened without the obnoxiousness on my Church denomination
          site some years ago. I couldn't believe it.

          Tom

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
            --- Pete Powers <pete@...> wrote:

            > I do not understand why any one of the old gang would be banned. Who
            > does
            > this banning? It is very strange to me. Who is next? How about
            > getting rid
            > of the moderator, whoever that is
            >
            > By the way, if everyone does not settle down, I will get Tommy Oliver
            > moderate this group and then there will be no trouble

            Now that's the Rosie I remember. Hey Rose listen, I'm alittle short of
            money. Do you remember that little money making scheme we used to joke
            about in the Silver? You being my girl and all <smile>

            Don't worry about this present bruhaha busllshit (as if you would).
            Adrian is old fashioned. He'll loosen up eventually. As for Geof,
            well...<smile>

            Smitty

            > Rosemary Markert

            8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
          • Spencer Mewha
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
              Yea, I've been banned from a lot of groups for being pro-male too.Often the women were openly verbally aggressive. In fact- few women would stay in a group which wasn't openly misandric.- what is it it says?- 'the world will not stand under odious wives'. Wow, how true.

              With kind regards

              Spence

              ____________ __

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
                This one deeply hurt.

                Tom

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
                  Hi Tom

                  Yea, some of them can hurt us. It's just the way humans are....... As we know, Tom, there's many of the populace who just believe everything that the feminists say.- It's socialisation, as they taught us in College. Or brainwashing as Marx actually called it.

                  With kind regards

                  Spence

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
                    --- Spencer Mewha <smile@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Tom
                    >
                    > Yea, some of them can hurt us. It's just the way humans are....... As
                    > we know, Tom, there's many of the populace who just believe
                    > everything that the feminists say.- It's socialisation, as they
                    > taught us in College. Or brainwashing as Marx actually called it.

                    Thanks Spence. I'll keep it in perspective but I suspect this was an
                    intentional "hit job" by a small group in my college town. That it
                    came on the heels of the Isla Vista group and happenned with the usual
                    suspects is reason to believe that it MAY have been more than
                    coincidence. But I will treat it as coincidence if for no other reason
                    than not to appear paranoid. The fact remains though that it was just
                    a small group. You can't believe how active and friendly I was back in
                    those days and never had any enemies. I'm confident all will be well
                    in the end.

                    Tom

                    Be a PS3 game guru.