Re: [AUM] Re: Fw: [ms-discussion] Coming Soon to RADAR: Warren Farrell on Dom...

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
      --- Simon <simoncropper2004@...> wrote:

      > > You'll hear the stories some day if you stick around.
      > >
      > > Tom
      > > THANKS TOM, I'LL BE SURE TO STICK AROUND; SIMON.
      > > > Knowing this I must ask "what are his core beliefs?"

      Well, like most American Men he's egalitarian. It's deeply embedded in
      our culture. Where we have a problem is in the political arena. Men
      have no advocacy and women have a huge advocacy that effects EVERYTHING
      and not only men's issues. In other words there is a critical power
      imbalance between men and women. This is something that has gone on
      for centuries but has reached a level of absurdity in our generation.

      The law that took it into abusrdity was the Civil rights Act of '64 and
      it's inclusion of women. The Act wasn't designed or promoted to
      include women but they were included for poltiical reasons. It
      essentially was based on the idea of NO SEX DIFFERENCES which was
      supported by the social sciences and has resulted in the politicization
      of not only the social sciences but all of academia. It's MANDATED
      SEXUAL EQUALITY that is the main cuprit and it has to be ended.

      Now does Warren Farrell emphasize this? No he doesn't, but he
      apparently is aware of it and has built his advocacy around strangling
      that assumption. It's political suicide presently to advocate AGAINST
      civil rights but eventually it has to be done.

      Farrell uses social research and objective political analysis in his
      work. "Myth of Male Power" addressed the political problem. "Father
      and Child Reunion", his pay gap book and others chip away at feminist
      lies and myths that are the basis for social policy in the West.
      There's many other books that will come in the future that will address
      the feminist media and how feminism has been a critical yet unspoken
      part of our political dynamics. It's like having an elephant in the
      room and everyone ignoring it for whatever reason, including political
      scientists and historians.

      This all goes to how the West was built. It could be minimized and
      ignored for so long but now we are at a point where we have to confront
      it. Our natures got in the way in the past but are now able to
      overcome it. Happy days!

      Tom

      > > > and what are his motives contemporarily.
      > > >
      > > > I think if you read any of Warren Farrell's work you may need a
      > sack
      > > > of salt to go with it.
      > > >
      > > > Simon Cropper,

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Simon
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, Tom Smith <qim@...> wrote:

        > --- Simon <simoncropper2004@...> wrote:
        >
        > > > You'll hear the stories some day if you stick around.
        > > >
        > > > Tom
        > > > THANKS TOM, I'LL BE SURE TO STICK AROUND; SIMON.
        >
        > Well, like most American Men he's egalitarian. It's deeply
        embedded in
        > our culture. Where we have a problem is in the political arena.
        Men
        > have no advocacy and women have a huge advocacy that effects
        EVERYTHING
        > and not only men's issues. In other words there is a critical
        power
        > imbalance between men and women. This is something that has gone
        on
        > for centuries but has reached a level of absurdity in our
        generation.

        > The law that took it into abusrdity was the Civil rights Act
        of '64 and
        > it's inclusion of women. The Act wasn't designed or promoted to
        > include women but they were included for poltiical reasons. It
        > essentially was based on the idea of NO SEX DIFFERENCES which was
        > supported by the social sciences and has resulted in the
        politicization
        > of not only the social sciences but all of academia. It's MANDATED
        > SEXUAL EQUALITY that is the main cuprit and it has to be ended.
        >
        > Now does Warren Farrell emphasize this? No he doesn't, but he
        > apparently is aware of it and has built his advocacy around
        strangling
        > that assumption. It's political suicide presently to advocate
        AGAINST
        > civil rights but eventually it has to be done.
        >
        > Farrell uses social research and objective political analysis in
        his
        > work. "Myth of Male Power" addressed the political
        problem. "Father
        > and Child Reunion", his pay gap book and others chip away at
        feminist
        > lies and myths that are the basis for social policy in the West.
        > There's many other books that will come in the future that will
        address
        > the feminist media and how feminism has been a critical yet
        unspoken
        > part of our political dynamics. It's like having an elephant in
        the
        > room and everyone ignoring it for whatever reason, including
        political
        > scientists and historians.
        >
        > This all goes to how the West was built. It could be minimized and
        > ignored for so long but now we are at a point where we have to
        confront
        > it. Our natures got in the way in the past but are now able to
        > overcome it. Happy days!
        >
        > Tom

        I'll br keeping my eyes peeled for more of Dr. Farrell's works in
        the book store.