My Computer Monitor Went Out.

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi Folks,

      My computer monitor went out last week and that's why
      I havent been around. I'm at the library now and
      should get a monitor by tomarrow. I was going to buy
      a nice large and fancy one, but the daughter needs
      contact lenses so now I have to borrow one.

      I just looked over the email and I see we have a few
      new members chatting away. I did't look at much of
      that stuff, but did read Lamar's "Camping" post which
      got quite a few responses. Good work Lamar, I got a
      hoot out of it.

      I'll be back tomarrow probably. It seems the national
      crisis is in to a more reasonable mode. Sadness has
      settled over me the past week as the significance of
      what happenned sinks in. I pray that this time our
      nation will make the best of a bad situation...unlike
      what happenned in the Sixties.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        Tom Smith:

        PLEASE help me --- I'm stupid about computers and stubborn about putting
        effort into learning the damned thing, thus my inability to unsubscribe
        aum@yahoogroups.com and these other horrors that have taken it over. Is
        this a feministic ploy to destroy your work? Sheesh -- and they did it
        without box cutters, only think!

        Diabetes over, 12-mile bicycle rides in 1-hour continue, I lost 16-lbs
        with Dr Adkins type diet (plus a wee bit of cheating)
        and got myself as an 'observer' on the Ethics & Professionalism Committee
        of the American Society of Physicians and
        Surgeons in Philadelphia. I'm trying to change euthanasia law, for
        doctors to 'treat the patient' instead of narcessistic
        hand-wringing over their Hypocritic Oath.

        Alas, I allowed myself to get talked into accepting a role in something
        called A Gilbert & Sullivan Christmas Carol, using the Dickens story
        re-written and original lyrics to Sir Arthur Sullivan's perky music. My
        song opens the curtain, its the venerable Titwillow from The Mikado, but
        instead of Titwillow, I belch out 'Bah humbug, Bah humbvug, Bah humbug'.
        Dreadful. With my memory gone (I'm 75 come January 28th, God 'elp us
        all!) the director has me reading my part as the Narrator of the thing,
        letting what he considers to be my veddy veddy Bridddish accent (and I DO
        ham it up!) so memory is overcome. Performances open December 1st on
        42nd Street.

        Son Dennis back with The Manhattan Theater Club, completing construction
        of sets for their season-starter; his lady-
        friend off later this week to (of all places) Alaska with her troupe of
        three other gals and two guys in a van, performing
        kiddy shows. Ugh -- but at least the Alaskan mosquitoes will be gone by
        now. Dennis's folk-dance group disbanded after 45-years, so he'll not be
        trapsing all over the world (China was the last show) doing their
        lights-sound and what not. Too bad.

        I wish you well with your endeavor; frankly, a page might well have
        changed on September 11th and all these so-called
        Civil Rights might well get a working over. Some 'discrimination' with
        selling airline tickets and profiling Arab ilk might
        well have saved thousands of lives. New York, I can trell you, will
        never be the same. And us so 'liberal' all these awful years .....

        Dr Rhodes kearny2@...
      • Coyote Boy
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Dr. Rhodes - You have to get into the Yahoo Group Site
          which you need a yahoo id in order to do. At that
          point you can unsub yourself. Otherwise, you'll have
          to wait until Tom gets his moniter back and he can
          unsub you. The Troll on the list is actually one
          feminazi hoe with three different addy - yes it is a
          feminist ploy to destroy the works of our great
          leaders, like Tom, Adam, and Alan. We can't let her
          win. She even tried to Troll in our
          MasculistSchoolboys list. This is a list for
          teenagers. That's sick! Her big mistake is
          underestimating the Masculist School Boys. You stay
          and let the Trolls go. We need you to defeat them

          Coyote

          http://phone.yahoo.com
        • kearny2@juno.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
            Coyote:

            Thank you for responding. Please accept a correction for how it is
            intended: you use a word 'hoe' (a gardener's tool) for what I think you
            mean to be 'whore', an unchaste woman.
            I can't quite figure out what 'addy' is supposed to mean, perhaps 'Daddy'
            but even then ...

            Dr Rhodes
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
              --- kearny2@... wrote:
              > I wish you well with your endeavor; frankly, a page
              > might well have
              > changed on September 11th and all these so-called
              > Civil Rights might well get a working over.

              Yes, this is one area that could be part of the
              "making the best of a bad situation". Even there talk
              of changing the military smacks of more male
              involvement...the increased use of special forces.
              Even the girls are getting in on the act and feeling
              "vulnerable" and wanting to be "protected". They are
              throwing feminism out the window as fast as they can
              say "help!!".

              > Some
              > 'discrimination' with
              > selling airline tickets and profiling Arab ilk might
              > well have saved thousands of lives.

              Brit Hume almost lost it last week on Fox Sunday when
              that black commentator started in on the racial
              profiling thing. How ridiculous do the feminist
              liberals look now!!

              > New York, I can
              > trell you, will
              > never be the same.

              It's having a profound effect all through the culture.
              Maybe this is what was needed to shake things up here
              and get us in touch with reality.

              > And us so 'liberal' all these
              > awful years .....

              Liberalism was never the problem. Feminism has always
              been the problem.

              It's good to hear that your exercise routine is going
              so well. I just got back from biking over to the kids
              house. Is your son going to be back living at home?
              It might be nice for you to have the company now.

              Tom

              PS Do you still want off the list? I have it under
              control now and have put Coyote Boy in charge if I
              have anyother problems that cause me to be away.
              Everybody likes you alot here and we would surely miss
              your presence, but I will unsub you if you'd like.

              http://phone.yahoo.com
            • kearny2@juno.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2001
                Tom Smith:

                Yes, I dio want to be off the list. Thank you for arranging it for
                (yahoo-stupid) me.

                Dr Rhodes