Re: [AUM] Re: California Family Law Code Help

  • leo buccellato
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2005
      twoexiles again...

      i must say i think i've figured out where you're coming from, after reading your blurb about how the female spouse should be given priority in child custody...

      you want to return to the nostalgic 1950's when father knew best and family life was king, and when love and marriage went together like a horse and carriage, when god was close at hand and everything was hunky dory...maybe you'd like to organize some bible study classes on the men's issues websites?

      sorry, guy, we can't have that anymore which is why the 50's are nostalgic in the first place...time keeps on slippin' into the future, and we need new references, new religions, new understandings...

      it always amazes me, the seeming obsession with going backwards that some people have...you can't go back, you can't go back, you can never ever go back!

      LEO

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2005
        True. The goal of many MRAs is to move FORWARD to the 2050s, where
        (hopefully):

        - Men's health and safety will be on a par with that of women's, and
        life expectancies will be roughly the same.

        - Domestic violence issues are seen as a two-way street, are funded
        in proportion to the need for BOTH genders, and hopefully real
        progress can be made on the problem.

        - Divorce and custody issues are dealt with in a more evenhanded
        manner, with a legal presumption of shared parenting the norm.

        - Boys and girls are educated in the manner most suited to their
        learning styles, with both genders given the opportunity to reach
        their potential.

        I could go on. Can anyone add to this?

        Steve

        --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, leo buccellato <fortcollinsleo@y...>
        wrote:
        > twoexiles again...
        >
        > i must say i think i've figured out where you're coming from,
        after reading your blurb about how the female spouse should be given
        priority in child custody...

        > you want to return to the nostalgic 1950's when father knew best
        and family life was king, and when love and marriage went together
        like a horse and carriage, when god was close at hand and everything
        was hunky dory...maybe you'd like to organize some bible study
        classes on the men's issues websites?

        > sorry, guy, we can't have that anymore which is why the 50's are
        nostalgic in the first place...time keeps on slippin' into the
        future, and we need new references, new religions, new
        understandings...

        > it always amazes me, the seeming obsession with going backwards
        that some people have...you can't go back, you can't go back, you
        can never ever go back!

        > LEO

      • leo buccellato
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2005
          hello steve, and thanks...

          yes, that's exactly what i mean by moving forward...drop the disfunctional assumptions of the past, break new ground, reform the society so that men receive what is due them...

          we will get nowhere with people who propose that women retain priority in child custody, insist that "humanity has always been monogamous" (a ludicrous statement in light of the fact that some societies in our own time are not monogamous), or that monogamy is somehow an evolved form of mating and that therefore polygamy is one of the very reasons why primitive societies are primitive (a circular, primitive, self-justifying argument if i've ever heard one)...

          and that's to say nothing of misandrist statements like "without the influence of women men become more and more brutal"....

          i think maybe you too realize we are dealing with a person who has a ton of faulty, rather ancient assumptions, and who forms his views about men'women only with the greatest of biblical prejudice.....we need free thinking rennaissance men to lead us out of this cultural/religious malaise, not someone who's looking to reverse the flow of time...

          LEO

          wrote:
          > twoexiles again...

          > i must say i think i've figured out where you're coming from,
          after reading your blurb about how the female spouse should be given
          priority in child custody...

          > you want to return to the nostalgic 1950's when father knew best
          and family life was king, and when love and marriage went together
          like a horse and carriage, when god was close at hand and everything
          was hunky dory...maybe you'd like to organize some bible study
          classes on the men's issues websites?

          > sorry, guy, we can't have that anymore which is why the 50's are
          nostalgic in the first place...time keeps on slippin' into the
          future, and we need new references, new religions, new
          understandings...

          > it always amazes me, the seeming obsession with going backwards
          that some people have...you can't go back, you can't go back, you
          can never ever go back!

          > LEO

          >  Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.

          The Men's Tribune
          http://menstribune.com/

          Spinbusters
          http://www.geocities.com/remarksman/

          Posts to the list do not necessarily reflect AUM or list memebership's beliefs.

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • restoreusa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 3, 2005
            In a message dated 1/1/2005 8:00:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, fortcollinsleo@... writes:
[...]

            YEAH AND IT IS NO LONGER FOR JUST THE MAN TO WORK TO SUPPORT THE FAMILY - now the wife has to go out and work also - because the debt load from the money system is consuming so much productivity that one income alone doesn't cut it anymor

            Yeah - I am all for forgetting the 50s when the wife could stay home......let's get her out there and working also - she can help earn the living also - it would be just terrible if she could just stay home and love the children

            Oh - and where do we put the kids meanwhile?

            MS
          • twoexiles
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
              Why have to choose either? People are mistakenly going back to the
              old religions because they believe it is the only solution to the
              disintegration of the family and the growing number of social
              problems. It is not the only way! Religious Reaction brings its own
              problems---the worst being that it depresses scientific progress and
              hence, technology. Already, American young people are showing little
              interest in the sciences in the universities. This is what also
              happened to the Hindu, Egyptian, Babylonian, and Muslim
              civilizations. In science, you have to learn from what has happened
              to understand what is happening so you can tell what will happen.
              Christianity provided the world-view and way of thinking that built
              our civilization, but we have now outgrown it and need a new world-
              view and way of thinking with which to replace it. People
              immediately think, "we have! We have our secular system!" No, the
              very reason we are going back to the old faith--religious reaction--
              is because our secular system is failing. What it offers is such
              things as "freedom from sexual restrictions"--i.e., the "Playboy
              philosophy". A world outlook and way of thinking based upon the
              ideals of "freedom" and "rights" is one which has set up an
              ultimately destructive archtype. Attaining its ideals is a process
              of tearing down the old structure of society and leaving chaos in its
              wake.

              What else does that leave us? What a dismal outlook if that should be
              always the only choice! Fortunately both will ultimately need to be
              replaced, and now is the time to be begin building the one able to
              do it! In
              http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
              I show that our whole secular world-view and way of thinking has been
              corrupted by rationalizing in an effort to reconcile science, secular
              and the old religion. The website enables those eager to be apart of
              the real and ultimate solution to build, in common, a whole new world-
              view and way of thinking, one which would serve to shape a sound,
              progressive society able to ultimately replace the social divisions
              of our modern world. This is a way to ultimately end the world's
              present configuration of societies and build a single new world
              society and civilization made up of states much as is the United
              States. What we are working to build there is not a utopia nor a
              Marxist egalitarial world commune, but for the survival of human
              civilization. In an overpopulated world competing for its resources
              and armed with WMD, going back to the old and divisive religions is a
              prescription for "The End Times."
              .
              This is no pie-in-the-sky enterprise. This is the small beginning of
              a long-term solution to current and growing world problems. We are
              not talking about utopia or egalitarian communes but merely a newer
              and healtheir society ultimately able to build a new civilization. We
              are talking about a small beginning which could lead to big things.
              --- In aum@yahoogroups.com, restoreusa@a... wrote:

              > In a message dated 1/1/2005 8:00:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
              > fortcollinsleo@y... writes:
              >
              > twoexiles again...
              >
              > i must say i think i've figured out where you're coming from,
              after reading
              > your blurb about how the female spouse should be given priority in
              child
              > custody...
              >
              > you want to return to the nostalgic 1950's when father knew best
              and family
              > life was king, and when love and marriage went together like a
              horse and
              > carriage, when god was close at hand and everything was hunky
              dory...maybe you'd
              > like to organize some bible study classes on the men's issues
              websites?

              > sorry, guy, we can't have that anymore which is why the 50's are
              nostalgic
              > in the first place...time keeps on slippin' into the future, and
              we need new
              > references, new religions, new understandings...
              >
              > it always amazes me, the seeming obsession with going backwards
              that some
              > people have...you can't go back, you can't go back, you can never
              ever go back!

              > LEO
              >

              > YEAH AND IT IS NO LONGER FOR JUST THE MAN TO WORK TO SUPPORT THE
              FAMILY -
              > now the wife has to go out and work also - because the debt load
              from the money
              > system is consuming so much productivity that one income alone
              doesn't cut it
              > anymor
              >
              > Yeah - I am all for forgetting the 50s when the wife could stay
              > home......let's get her out there and working also - she can help
              earn the living also -
              > it would be just terrible if she could just stay home and love the
              children

              > Oh - and where do we put the kids meanwhile?
              >
              > MS
            • leo buccellato
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
                hello ms...

                another post-feminist in our midst?

                yes, indeed, keep the ladies working and busting their asses, just like men have done for ages...love the kids?  american women had every chance in the world to do that years ago, before they made it clear they wanted equality instead of diapers and kitchen work...they have since failed miserably as both mothers and wives...

                now that they have to go to work like the man of the house, in order to maintain the lifestyle they are "accustomed to" they'd rather stay home and "love the kids"...

                 LEO

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 4, 2005
                  In a message dated 1/4/2005 9:25:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, fortcollinsleo@... writes:
                  hello ms...

                  another post-feminist in our midst?

                  yes, indeed, keep the ladies working and busting their asses, just like men have done for ages...love the kids?  american women had every chance in the world to do that years ago, before they made it clear they wanted equality instead of diapers and kitchen work...they have since failed miserably as both mothers and wives...

                  now that they have to go to work like the man of the house, in order to maintain the lifestyle they are "accustomed to" they'd rather stay home and "love the kids"...

                   LEO
                  May I suggest an article called "bloodsport of divorce" ?

                  Put that in google and the article comes up

                  Hail to the lawyers

                  MS