Re: *correction* Ada is a lovely fluffy pink bunny. *squeak*

  • Kefka-X
    Message 1 of 35 , Aug 1, 2003
      I've heard this suggestion from people many times. But I'd probably
      only just pass for 18, facial hair or no. And there's no way I'd be
      taking a train to Melbourne, with the risk of not being allowed in
      when I got there. I'd end up throwing myself in front of a car.
      I would've showed up to that gig Glenn did at the Hopetoun, which
      Matt announced the night before... but I was without the internet.
      Lucky me, I'm missing Glenn (missed all the shows on the Strange Bird
      tour already, and this'll be my last chance to see them for a long
      time), Cat Power (this'll break my heart), múm (*tears*), Gerling
      (though like Augie, I'm used to missing them), and some others no
      doubt, before I turn 18 in November. "Thankfully" Frank Black
      cancelled his tour, so at least I'm not the only one missing out
      there.
      Adding insult to injury last year, on the weekend of my 17th
      birthday, Augie were playing not one but TWO gigs here in Sydney, and
      I was forced to miss out. My then-girlfriend promised she'd make sure
      I forgot all about it. And needless to say, with the way I pick 'em,
      I spent the weekend alone in my room, and didn't even leave the
      house. Wasn't in a state to.

      I'm actually currently riding on the possibility of getting a fake ID
      ($160 for a few gigs, plus the ticket prices - money I don't have),
      but I won't know for at least a couple of weeks whether that'll be a
      possibility. So worst comes to worst, I'm buying tickets for Glenn's
      solo on the 28th, and four other shows, and not going to any of them,
      and being left with no money, and absolutely nothing to show for it.

      So I hope you all enjoy yourselves tonight. Here's to alcohol! The
      cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems.
      *opens a bottle of scotch*
    • Jeremy Hynoski
      Message 35 of 35 , Aug 3, 2003
        Its all true!

        Ada is also responsible for the WORST possible photo
        of me, ever so slightly inebriated, being plastered
        onto the Whitlams web site. Face as red as a tomato.
        Eyes bloodshot and with my standard maniacal grin.
        Evil evil evil Ada!

        Oh yeah, and can people stop whinging plzkthx!

        jeremy

        p.s. hi clarabell.

        - New people, new possibilities! Try Yahoo! Personals, FREE for a limited period!