Re: Live at the Metro

  • thegondolaman
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
      >If I'm not mistaken, 'Man You Don't Meet Everyday' is a Crash Test
      >Dummies song.

      You are mistaken. It's a Pogues song. Other than that, awesome review.

      - ttttom
    • Leah
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
        oohh...Great review. Wish i could remember things in that much
        detail.

        > Posters: Some of the tour poster artwork is really stunning, and
        I wish they were available to buy after the concert. I mean, I'd
        pay... $15? for an A3 tour poster at the venue. If you printed a
        few extra, they would pay for themselves. Unlike the tour shirts,
        nobody objects if you don't wash the poster for two years because
        you're worried about the signatures fading.

        Well, my friend and i discovered what nice people security guards
        can be if you are on the right side of the barrier...
        We went into the foyer quite late after talking to Rob and Dan and
        harrassing Kiernan. Anyways, we decided to just ask the guards if
        there were any posters to be had. Turns out that there were two
        left, that had been in the foyer. Not huge ones, but they're quite
        enough.
        I guess it was just the quick and the dead, eh?
        But i do wish they would sell them.

        And talking about merch...was anyone else dissappointed by the
        tee's? The 'one size fits most' girls tee shirts were not exactly
        all that good for me. They were rather tight and unslightly. What
        size actually fits them? 10?

        > Set Listings: It would be nice if a few of these were available
        after the show, too. The ones taped to the stage usually go fast,
        and those of us with poor memories can't remember which songs were
        played in what order. Kudos to the roadie who found one for me at
        each of the shows.

        - Hmm, talking about quick and the dead. I missed out on the set
        list from friday night. The girl next to me had slightly longer
        arms. I had to make to with Glenn's broken guitar string. ^_^
        But i was in the same possie the next night, and i managed to get
        Glenn's set list...
        Which i was well happy about. And then Kiernan was a lovely and went
        and got the guys to sign it for me.

        > Overall.... I think I'm in love.
        - Im glad im not the only one ^_^
        I believe that sat night was the best concert experience i have
        had...
        MY friend and i couldnt afford flowers, so we ended up writing
        messages on a ,maple leaf. We were impressed that Edmond kept the
        leaves in his bass pegs. We just wanted to show our, i dont know,
        happiness? He writes good comments, that man.

        anyways, is there any other Novocastrians out there who are sore
        that Augie arent playing in town this time? I know a few people who
        are really not impressed. Its rather hard, getting into Sydney and
        all, on uni student money supplies.
      • Augusta
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
          thegondolaman spanishbomb@... wrote:
          > > If I'm not mistaken, 'Man You Don't Meet Everyday' is
          > > a Crash Test Dummies song.
          > You are
          mistaken. It's a Pogues song. Other than that,
          > awesome review.

          Aha!  Thank you.  And it was an awesome performance - they make it easy to write about them.

          Leah <raeredeyes@...> wrote:
          > Hmm, talking about quick and the dead. I missed out on
          > the set list from friday night. The girl next to me had
          > slightly longer arms. I had to make to with Glenn's
          > broken guitar string. ^_^

          You must have been standing right next to me - I was on the other side of the girl who got Glenn's set-list on Friday night (curse her long arms) and I heard someone asking for the broken string after the show :)  I was a little to the left on Saturday night.

          One of the guards mentioned that the tour posters would be available on Monday morning, but I figured that they would be taken on Saturday night.  After duelling with pistols at high noon for a set-list, I didn't fancy trying my luck for a poster.  Jolly good luck to you, for getting ahold of one *grin*

          --
          Augusta

        • thegondolaman
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
            --- In augiemarch@y..., "Augusta" <augusta_st_james@i...> wrote:
            > thegondolaman spanishbomb@h... wrote:
            > > > If I'm not mistaken, 'Man You Don't Meet Everyday' is
            > > > a Crash Test Dummies song.
            > > You are mistaken. It's a Pogues song. Other than that,
            > > awesome review.
            >
            > Aha! Thank you. And it was an awesome performance - they make it
            easy to write about them.

            Well, I saw both performances, but you've made anything I could
            possibly say redundant. Bastard!

            - ttttom
          • Leah
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
              > You must have been standing right next to me - I was on the other
              side of the girl who got Glenn's set-list on Friday night (curse her
              long arms) and I heard someone asking for the broken string after
              the show :) I was a little to the left on Saturday night.

              - ^_^
              I was not happy... I had had my eye on that list all night!
              But i was just happy to get the string. It means something to me. I
              feel so lame, in a way. To be cherishing these little left overs.

              So now i have my set list fromt he Sydney instore (hmm, Glenn's in
              his hand writing on the back of a beer carton) and i am the envy of
              my friend, who wants to kill me and take all my stuff...

              > One of the guards mentioned that the tour posters would be
              available on Monday morning, but I figured that they would be taken
              on Saturday night. After duelling with pistols at high noon for a
              set-list, I didn't fancy trying my luck for a poster. Jolly good
              luck to you, for getting ahold of one *grin*

              - I think it was lucky that the guards were just bored. We had to
              get them going for 5 minutes until they gave in. It was worth it
              though. Nice blokes, i was against them because i have been punched
              by one before. They actually do have a nice bone in their body ^_^

              gah, i have increased respect for Kiernan after last night. Way
              increased. He's tops
            • dan riley
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002

                crikey, leah.... it would appear that augie march were lucky just to get out of there with their shirts on their backs.........or were they? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

                > I heard someone asking for the broken string after
                >the show :) I was a little to the left on Saturday night.
                >
                > - ^_^
                >I was not happy... I had had my eye on that list all night!
                >But i was just happy to get the string. It means something to me. I
                >feel so lame, in a way. To be cherishing these little left overs.

                the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
              • Leah
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
                  well, Dave seemed to have misplaced his shirt on saturday... ^_^

                  Nah, but i know that i would be a dead woman if i managed to get an
                  eppindorf tube of Glenn's sweat...I would be hunted down by the mad
                  Glenn-fanatics that i know.

                  But still, its a path i would like to traipse down one day ;)
                • welcomethrow
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
                    --- In augiemarch@y..., "Leah" <raeredeyes@h...> wrote:

                    > And talking about merch...was anyone else dissappointed by the
                    > tee's? The 'one size fits most' girls tee shirts were not exactly
                    > all that good for me. They were rather tight and unslightly. What
                    > size actually fits them? 10?

                    I think the rest of the sizing description couldn't fit on the label -
                    it possibly should read "one size fits most of those with skeleton
                    frame".