Re: Strange Bird

  • pete_rei_ayanami
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2002
      I bet you are all people who would say that you have a 'wide ranging'
      and extremely varying taste in music, and could probably listen to
      everything from Mozart to Megadeth. But in having this musical open-
      mindedness, i think the ability to hate or to understand hate has
      been lost.

      The open-mindedness ( a non word im using too much) that allows you
      to appreciate a wide variety of tunes is the same open mindedness
      that (should) accept that other people hate it.
      A lot of you people talk about 'soul'. This jeff buckley does not
      play with it. He whines. Whining does not mean you have soul, it
      means you are an annoyong pratt. And to that other guy - look up
      whining, then realise you're out of your element.
      To not understand the possiblility that someone might not like your
      preffered genre(<i>"I can't seem to think of any feasable
      reason..."</i>)is pretty pathetic.
      "> Jeff Buckley had a beautiful voice AND he knew how to use it in
      > awesome melodic songs...so there."
      Dont poke your tongues out kiddies.
      Hey, I'm not asking you to agree with me. If you are going to attack
      my attack of an artist, just do it in some decent terms. Use proof,
      even say <i> how you feel </i> just dont say "I can't seem to
      think of any feasible reason, so you're obviously not all there."
      because 2 year olds do that.
      and 2 year olds piss me off
      there i had my say

      the obviously not all here pete

      some other person wrote:
      > > How can someone honestly say that Jeff Buckley was crap... ? I
      > can't seem to
      > > think of any feasible reason, so you're obviously not all there.
      >
      > Jeff Buckley had a beautiful voice AND he knew how to use it in
      > awesome melodic songs...so there.
    • telliemallshopping
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1, 2002
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF
        JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        oh dear...!!!!
        oh no!!!! JEFF JEFF JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        apparantly everything comes back down to Jeff Buckley nowa
        days..... and ofcourse.. no one should speak ill of jeff buckley......
        no one should speak ill!!! no one!!! no ill!!!
        \/////\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

        I am ill!

        move on..!!!!!!

        --huw

        (p.sh.... does anyone else notice how much Big Kev looks like
        Jeff Buckley.... teee heee hee!!!)
      • Matthew High
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hello All,

          Just to let you know, before anybody else of course, that Strange Bird will
          be available in two different packages when it arrives in the shops on
          October 14.

          One will of course be a jewel case, which is your normal everyday garden
          variety hard clear plastic case. This however will contain a rather
          delicious accompanying booklet of around 28 pages - or 'companion volume' -
          containing lyrics and a few other bits and pieces.

          The other version, and the one I recommend you seek out, will be a limited
          edition softpack version. Similiar to the Sunset Studies digipak, it has a
          three-panel foldaround outer card sleeve, and again the companion volume
          lyric booklet. This version will only be around for a limited time, so I
          recommend hunting one down in the first week or better still first few days.

          Both versions have exactly the same music, so dont stress if you end up with
          the jewel case. Assuming that you want the album in the first place.

          All the best,

          Matt
        • Tim Weekes
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002
            I just walked into HMV Burwood (of all places) and bought myself a
            copy one day early. You would not believe my excitement. Now I'm
            going to go and listen to it and hopefully give everyone else a
            chance to hear it before I review it.

            EXCITED

            Tim W.
          • * ordesa *
            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002
              i love the ever reliable jb hifi knox - they gave it to me and everybody else
              today as well :)

              lovely

              kellie

              > I just walked into HMV Burwood (of all places) and bought myself a
              > copy one day early. You would not believe my excitement. Now I'm
              > going to go and listen to it and hopefully give everyone else a
              > chance to hear it before I review it.
              >
              > EXCITED
              >
              > Tim W.

            • kieranjgray
              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002
                I rang jb in knox.. to my excitement it was on sale!
                then I rang gaslight, and was told that buying an album was
                compulsory if you wanted to watch the gig, as you'd expect.
                so, with my trusty, saved up $30... I will have to wait 2 days
                :/
              • Chris Hogan by way of Chris Hogan
                Message 7 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002
                  Hi people,

                  Kieran wrote:
                  > I rang jb in knox.. to my excitement it was on sale!
                  > then I rang gaslight, and was told that buying an album was
                  > compulsory if you wanted to watch the gig, as you'd expect.
                  > so, with my trusty, saved up $30... I will have to wait 2 days

                  Does this apply to us Sydney folk with regards to the Red Eye instore? That
                  is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we want to watch
                  the instore and/or get it signed?

                  NSW Chris.
                • Kass
                  Message 8 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002

                    Hey,

                    I spoke (over the ph.) earlier with a fantastic guy from redeye and he said that you didn't need to buy the album from them and that you could come along have fun and enjoy yourself on Friday.  Hope This Helps.

                    - Kass

                     Chris Hogan <ch0gan@...> wrote:

                    Does this apply to us Sydney folk with regards to the Red Eye instore? That
                    is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we want to watch
                    the instore and/or get it signed?

                    NSW Chris.

                    Yahoo! Messenger for SMS - Always be connected to your Messenger Friends

                  • Pete
                    Message 9 of 27 , Oct 12, 2002
                      everything goes on sale at jb and gaslight the day before release...
                      Why the hell would you get a digipak and then shrink wrap it to the
                      point where it is all bent out of shape?
                      ALL THE COPIES OF STRANGE BIRD AT THE 2 JBHIFI's i went to were
                      wrecked. Bent in some way shape or form. In the end i got one, but
                      very warped. This is bullshit. Not augie's fault, of course. The
                      person at the counter could not believe that i gave a shit, and was
                      in no way helpful, saying that there was nothing they could do about
                      it, and 'why does it matter anyway?'.
                      No, I enjoy getting my CD's in a fucked condition. I like going home
                      and looking at the bent artwork. i am pissed.
                      Damn good album so far though, but i had to vent...
                      Pete

                      --- In augiemarch@y..., Kass <kassie_q2002@y...> wrote:

                      > Hey,
                      > I spoke (over the ph.) earlier with a fantastic guy from redeye and
                      he said that you didn't need to buy the album from them and that you
                      could come along have fun and enjoy yourself on Friday. Hope This
                      Helps.
                      > - Kass
                      > Chris Hogan <ch0gan@b...> wrote:Does this apply to us Sydney folk
                      with regards to the Red Eye instore? That
                      > is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we
                      want to watch
                      > the instore and/or get it signed?
                      >
                      > NSW Chris.
                      >

                      > ---------------------------------
                      > Yahoo! Messenger for SMS- Always be connected to your Messenger
                      Friends
                    • downwithprogress
                      Message 10 of 27 , Oct 13, 2002
                        I doubt it, but it's probably not a bad idea to buy it from Redeye
                        anyway. Unless, of course, you already have that maroonish Vineyard
                        shirt...

                        Cheerio, Jim

                        > Does this apply to us Sydney folk with regards to the Red Eye
                        instore? That
                        > is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we
                        want to watch
                        > the instore and/or get it signed?
                        >
                        > NSW Chris.
                      • redparkin
                        Message 11 of 27 , Oct 13, 2002
                          we didn't have to at HUM in Newtown last time!
                          --huw
                          > Does this apply to us Sydney folk with regards to the Red Eye
                          instore? That
                          > is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we
                          want to watch
                          > the instore and/or get it signed?
                          >
                          > NSW Chris.
                        • Quietly Suburban
                          Message 12 of 27 , Oct 13, 2002
                            Re: [augiemarch] Re: Strange Bird and JBHiFi sucks Sometimes the bigger chains just shrink wrap all their digi packs for fear that the thousands of grubby mitts pawing at the packs will ruin them.
                            I don’t think it’s a record label kinda thing, more a JB Hi Fi kinda thing.
                            Mine’s shrink-wrap free and rather beautiful [in look n sound, both].

                            On 14/10/02 8:42 PM, "Matthew High" <matthigh@...> wrote:

                            Pete

                            Yes, that is fucked. I'll be finding out what the fuck happened there
                            cos that is shithouse.

                            Matt

                            everything goes on sale at jb and gaslight the day before release...
                            Why the hell would you get a digipak and then shrink wrap it to the
                            point where it is all bent out of shape?
                            ALL THE COPIES OF STRANGE BIRD AT THE 2 JBHIFI's i went to were
                            wrecked. Bent in some way shape or form. In the end i got one, but
                            very warped. This is bullshit. Not augie's fault, of course. The
                            person at the counter could not believe that i gave a shit, and was
                            in no way helpful, saying that there was nothing they could do about
                            it, and 'why does it matter anyway?'.
                            No, I enjoy getting my CD's in a fucked condition. I like going home
                            and looking at the bent artwork. i am pissed.
                            Damn good album so far though, but i had to vent...
                            Pete

                            --- In augiemarch@y..., Kass <kassie_q2002@y...> wrote:

                            > Hey,
                            > I spoke (over the ph.) earlier with a fantastic guy from redeye and
                            he said that you didn't need to buy the album from them and that you
                            could come along have fun and enjoy yourself on Friday.  Hope This
                            Helps.
                            > - Kass
                            >  Chris Hogan <ch0gan@b...> wrote:Does this apply to us Sydney folk
                            with regards to the Red Eye instore? That
                            > is, will we need to buy the album from Red Eye on the day if we
                            want to watch
                            > the instore and/or get it signed?
                            >
                            > NSW Chris.
                            >

                            > ---------------------------------
                            > Yahoo! Messenger for SMS- Always be connected to your Messenger
                            Friends

                            Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If
                            in doubt, email the sender.

                            Post message: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                            Subscribe:  augiemarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                            Augie March offical site: www.augie-march.com

                            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705331123:HM/A=810373/R=0/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>  <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=212804.2460941.3878106.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705331123:HM/A=810373/R=1/*http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info?.refer=blrecs>

                            Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If in doubt, email the sender.

                            Post message: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                            Subscribe:  augiemarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                            Augie March offical site: www.augie-march.com

                            Mel
                            “I would jump through windows before holding hands...”

                            Quietly Suburban Recordings::Deloris | el Mopa | Idaho | Mukaizake | Purplene | Sea Life Park | Rob Snarski + Dan Luscombe | Tucker B’s
                             PO Box 207
                            Camperdown  2050
                            www.quietlysuburban.com.au

                            OUT NOW
                            Idaho - ‘Levitate’ - QSR009
                            El Mopa - ‘Done by Degrees’ SP - QSR010
                            Sea Life Park - ‘Like Ships’ SP - QSR011

                            OUT SOON
                            OCT 21 - Snarski + Luscombe – There is Nothing Here that Belongs to You – QSR013
                            OCT 21 – el Mopa – The New Weather – QSR012
                            NOV 4 – Tucker Bs – Bish Bosh II: The Bosh Bosh - QSR014

                            DATES
                            Saturday October 26, Purplene and Toby [Youth Group], The Sando, Sydney
                            Saturday October 26, Sea Life Park at the 4ZZZ Market Day,  Brisbane
                            Wednesday October 30, Snarski + Luscombe, ALBUM LAUNCH, The Night Cat, Melbourne
                            Thursday October 31, Snarski + Luscombe, ALBUM LAUNCH w/ Tim Oxley + The Dumb Earth, The Annandale Hotel, Sydney
                            Saturday November 2, Tucker Bs ALBUM LAUNCH EXTRAVAGANZA w/ Purplene + others, Hyde Park Hotel, Perth
                            Sunday November 3, Gaslight Radio, Sea Life Park, People of Alaska, The Annandale Hotel, Sydney
                            Friday November 8, el Mopa + Decoder Ring DOUBLE ALBUM LAUNCH, Revolver, Melbourne
                            Friday November 22, el Mopa + Machine Translations, The Annandale Hotel, Sydney
                            Saturday November 30, Sea Life Park + Brer Mouse [Adelaide], The Sando, Sydney
                            Friday December 13, el Mopa + The Cannanes, The Oxford Hotel, Wollongong

                          • Matthew High
                            Message 13 of 27 , Oct 14, 2002
                              Pete