Re: [augiemarch] good work brett

  • Brett Ladhams
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
      April, tell me how the hell you have me acting like a drunk idiot and Dave
      snapping at me on cd ? I'd pay money for that gold (not me acting up-the
      Augie show that is.) My house mate kindly reminded me that I did behave
      somewhat average that night but she referred to me as, 'an educated Augie
      March yobbo' which I can sort of live with ! If you remember Glen also told
      the Mojo's crowd that we are all too quiet over here so maybe he asked for
      it ?!

      As far as 99's tour goes was at least one gig at 'Lookout' with SFK- with
      Stephanie A. bare foot ??? I think I may have seen them then also.
      I nearly followed them to Bunbury for the Sat night show (post Globe gig)
      but finances dictated otherwise. Now I wish I had so could have made amen's
      and just shut up in the corner and enjoyed.

      Just quickly also you may be able to help me: a few mates and I have a
      theory on April's (Nikki's also now I think about it!) and it goes something
      like, 'there's no such thing as an unattractive April',(Nikki)
      Is it true?????? You don't have to answer. Not !

    • auroria
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
        > As far as 99's tour goes was at least one gig at 'Lookout' with SFK-
        > with
        > Stephanie A. bare foot ??? I think I may have seen them then also. I
        > nearly followed them to Bunbury for the Sat night show (post Globe
        > gig) but finances dictated otherwise. Now I wish I had so could have
        > made amen's and just shut up in the corner and enjoyed.

        i think you'll find all the band goes barefoot every gig.

        - Phil
      • augie_april@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2001
          Its called a minidisc brett, thats how your a clown on cd, but sorry
          theyre not a sale item, no price could be put on them, excpet maybe a
          swap for a show i dont have :)

          Yes steph was barefoot they're always barefoot, i remember they
          nearly started a show when they supported powderfinger and she had
          her shoes on, but i yelled out to take them off, so she did.

          You didnt miss much at the bunbury show, sure i loved it but they
          just wanted to finish the tour and watch the cricket, still they
          finished with gotta keep searching, the fast version too.

          And its true im not an attractive april, but sorry if your interested
          im not gay. Its just a bad corny pun.

          later
          josh
        • Brett Ladhams
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
            Sorry about that dude- no gayness here just me being silly but you may agree
            on the whole April/Nikki theorem?? Bad pun on your behalf, Josh. Anyway,
            enough of that.
            I swear Dempsey was not bare foot at that particular 'Lookout' gig but not
            100% sure. This is an Augie March post is it not what the fuck am I on
            about!
            As much as I love AM live (hit and miss shows notwithstanding) I'd say
            'George' is a close second and definitely a parallel act in terms of stage
            presence and crowd response's/attitude. Would anyone agree ???

            Brett Lads.

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2, 2001
              --- In augiemarch@y..., "Brett Ladhams" <lads34@h...> wrote:

              > Sorry about that dude- no gayness here just me being silly but you
              may agree
              > on the whole April/Nikki theorem?? Bad pun on your behalf, Josh.

              I have but two words and an asterisky action for you. Nikki
              Webster...*shudder*...

              And as bad as the pun may be, it's certainly a step up from "ORRRRGY
              MARCH! HEH HEH HEH!"

              > As much as I love AM live (hit and miss shows notwithstanding) I'd
              say
              > 'George' is a close second and definitely a parallel act in terms of
              stage
              > presence and crowd response's/attitude. Would anyone agree ???

              Some would. Others wouldn't. I'm in the former category though. Mad
              props to them, I say, for doin' it on their own terms.

              On another note, is Warren Schembri anywhere about? I'd like to know
              if/when he's going to be back in town, I seem to remember him cursing
              quite loudly at the idea of Augie being over in his area while he was
              back here, so I figure he'll be here soon. Wazza? 'ellooooo?

              Cheerio, Jim

              p.s. That post had bugger-all to do with Augie March. Deal with it.
            • augiewaz@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 4, 2001
                hi all

                sorry for not writing or reading.

                I will be back in Melbourne on Sunday, August 12 at around 11.20am.
                You are more than welcome to be there and have your bells on just
                like a lot of people who happen to have the same surname as I do
                although it is not necessary.

                Hope to catch up with you guys while I'm back home
                waz
              • shelley franklyn
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 6, 2001
                  hate to correct you...but not every gig. the one at
                  monash, the newish guitarist guy (can never remember
                  his name) had shoes on. i remember looking at this
                  and wondering why he wasn't in bare feet. also, i'm
                  sure the last corner show they did on the friday night
                  they had shoes on....or maybe i'm just getting a
                  little old.

                  oscar...where you going?

                  shelley

                  --- auroria <auroria@...> wrote:
                  > > As far as 99's tour goes was at least one gig at
                  > 'Lookout' with SFK-
                  > > with
                  > > Stephanie A. bare foot ??? I think I may have seen
                  > them then also. I
                  > > nearly followed them to Bunbury for the Sat night
                  > show (post Globe
                  > > gig) but finances dictated otherwise. Now I wish I
                  > had so could have
                  > > made amen's and just shut up in the corner and
                  > enjoyed.
                  >
                  > i think you'll find all the band goes barefoot every
                  > gig.
                  >
                  > - Phil

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • shelley franklyn
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 6, 2001
                    hiya kids...

                    just a note to let you all know that you am i will be
                    playing at monash clayton this thursday night,
                    supported by even & dan brodie and the broken arrows.
                    tix are $15 for students, and $22 for non. email me or
                    call activities at monash for more details.

                    also in the process of getting gersey to come & play
                    in september with real cheap tix, which will be a
                    ripper.

                    ciao
                    shelley
                    p.s. can't wait for more details on the october am
                    thingy...yay!

                    http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                  • auroria
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 7, 2001
                      > hate to correct you...but not every gig. the one at
                      > monash, the newish guitarist guy (can never remember
                      > his name) had shoes on. i remember looking at this
                      > and wondering why he wasn't in bare feet.

                      Pip someone or other.. yes indeed you are correct, pip and simon
                      (the keyboardist) did wear shoes.. only the real band had bare feet.

                      > also, i'm
                      > sure the last corner show they did on the friday night
                      > they had shoes on....or maybe i'm just getting a
                      > little old.

                      i reckon your getting old :P

                      - Phil
                    • auroria
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 9, 2001
                        another great gig from shelley-at-monash inc. keep up the good
                        work.. i think i should get my self onto the s.u. at swinnie.. i can't
                        remember the last time we had a gig at hawthorn (well they
                        cancelled machine gun felatio!)

                        one complaint... there was a sign up "crowd surfers will be asked
                        to leave" or words to that effect... it was not happening.. and
                        made the last bit of the gig unenjoyable..
                        or perhaps crowd surfers should be forced to leave.. not just asked..

                        - Phil