Re: Metro gig

  • jaynegaukroger@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1 12:32 AM
      i'm thinking head-first through the wooden floor... ouch :)

      --- In augiemarch@y..., "Andrew Weaver" <aweaver@c...> wrote:
      > haha. can you imagine it at the crown and sceptre?! that'd be a
      laff.

      > andrew
      >
      > -----
      > http://come.to/Electricmusic
      > The Electric Newspaper
      > -----

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • STEPHANIE ANGELA MCDONALD
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1 9:08 PM
        I liked the Metro show, but I think I liked the Annandale show more...it
        just had more atmosphere. Don't know if it was the size of the stage,
        but it just seemed a bit cold and impersonal. The air conditioning DID
        give me sore throat though.

        Highlughts:

        * Glenn hitting his head on the microphone in an attempt to pull off a
        suave rock move, getting embarrassed and then forgetting some of the
        words to the song he was singing ('Heartbeat and Sails'? Can't really
        remember)

        * Edmond's bass improv during something (I was tired, so don't remember
        which song)

        * Augie going post-rock at the end of 'Future Seal' and adding in
        samples.

        * Dave's seriously 'cool' suspenders. One friend commented that he
        looked like he should be at Old Sydney Town.

        * The beautiful ending of 'Charlie' with Glenn's voice just echoing
        around the Metro, breaking like a teenage boys, and getting embarrassed
        again.

        * The sign "It is Friday and you are in Sydney" posted at the back of
        the stage, which Dave put on himself when him and Glenn performed TINSP.

        * 'Century Son,' of course, since it is always good to see the guys pull
        out such a classic and 'prostitute' themselves.

        I think there were many more little things that I liked/remembered from
        the gig, but can't remember them right now. Darren Hanlon was really
        good. I think Dave and Darren should team up and do a comdey duo
        tour...it would surely sell out.

        I really enjoyed the gig, but for me, it just lacked 'something'. Maybe
        I was just too tired to fully appreciate the gig. It was nice to see so
        many people there to see Augie. They've taken on the Metro...what will
        be next? The Horden? The Entertainment Centre? The WORLD??

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 2 3:12 AM
          howdy yall,

          > From: STEPHANIE ANGELA MCDONALD <stephanie.mcdonald@...>

          > * Dave's seriously 'cool' suspenders. One friend commented that he
          > looked like he should be at Old Sydney Town.

          its "ye olde sydney towne" steph, and damned if he didnt look like he
          should be breaking rocks with a sledgehammer, or making candles for
          tourists.

          thankya
          jonathan.