Re: [augiemarch] jumps up and down and waves to Matt

  • Kaami
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
      Yes, Gersey are getting a new album funded through Pozible I believe

      On 29 August 2012 16:07, melbells007 <melbells007@...> wrote:

      I am still here Matt and I have actually been thinking a lot about a thread a while ago in which a number of people with various skills said they would be willing to volunteer their time to help get a new Augie album happening.

      Bands like Cat Empire get their fans to do a lot of their publicity for them.

      There is also a site called
      http://www.pozible.com/index.php which gets individuals to assist in funding projects.I have just contributed to hopefully get a cd by Even to celebrate their first 18 years off the ground. They have diffrent levels of funding and based on that the individual can get a cd,a cd and t shirt,their name on the cd etc etc etc. The money is not taken from the person's bank account unless the project get's all the money it needs for the project to go ahead.

      This way the band (coughs ...Glenn...coughs) would not have a coronary when they see their music changed by producers to be more "commercial".

      Just a thought if the band are at all interested in putting out music either together or individually, but don't want to get caught up in money making machine that is record labels.

      I am living back in Perth for a bit but am always zipping back to Melbourne. I am over there next from the 20th Sept till the 4th of Oct I think.

      Anyway,just a thought.

      Now I need to go and look for some ammonia to drink. I wonder if it is available at the local bottle-o?

      Mel

      --
      Kind regards,

      Kaami
    • MATT HIGH
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2012
        yes, sorry I did read Mel's email and its really good food for thought. I think the band will manage to put themselves in a position that means if and when they make music again it will be only on their terms.

        On 03/09/2012, at 9:28 PM, Kaami wrote:

[...]

        Golden Plains Lucky 7 -  March 2013
        Meredith Music Festival Twenty Twelve -  December 2012

      • melbells007
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2012
          The band Even now have over %70 of the funding needed for their album and something like 25 days left to raise it so I am sure that we will be seeing a release of Even's 1st 18 years yay!

          The great thing about non-top 40 bands is that they often have incredibly loyal fans and Augie March is one of those. So if given the opportunity to not only show our continued support of them, recognition of their talent and of course,to hear a new release, I know so many of us would be willing to dig into our pockets to help them stay independent and release the music THEY want to release.

          At the same time,using something like Pozible, you are in reality pre-selling the cd so will know in advance how many have been pre-sold and then once released, hopefully will sell a heap more at gigs,word of mouth,people like me who would buy their cd to send to overseas friends for christmas etc.

          Yeah I know,I have been giving this way too much thought!!!!

          Mel