Re: JB Hi-Fi... Any luck?

  • Jami Nettles
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010

      I haven't received mine and I have complained and received a similar bs answer, the lying bastards.

    • matildasplace1
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
        The USA have introduced a new security check which is causing very long delays with mail getting into the Country. They claim it is only for parcel over 453 grms however I am having massive issues getting anything (even CD sized parcels) into the Country even express courier is taking 3-4 weeks

        All of the stuff I am sending out at the moment via regular mail is taking 4-6 weeks to arrive, as it gets closer to Christmas it seems to be getting slower and slower.

        So perhaps it is more of a customs issue than a JB Hi-FI dispatch issue?

        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Jami Nettles <jami.nettles@...> wrote:

        > I haven't received mine and I have complained and received a similar bs
        > answer, the lying bastards.

      • jayneylayne
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
          Josh and Jami,
          There is a comment on Glenn's Facebook page that one arrived today. Didn't mention which version though. Good luck maybe yours wont be far away.
        • Jami Nettles
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010

            I downloaded yesterday so I am not standing by the mailbox any more:)

          • brokenspringbird
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
              Hey Josh, hope you're well mate, despite this insane shit. My suggestion to you is to write an eloquent letter to our label outlining the reasons why they should fire us, then we can set up an indie situation and you'll have it within a week. Or something like that. Seriously guys, I can't figure that nonsense out at all. The most cynical, and for that reason probably accurate, theory I have is that they can hold on to your money for a longer period, wait for the most favourable exchange etc. I'm sure they have a much more banal line on it, doesn't change the fact that they're hurting Australian bands by treating overseas customers like dirt. I order a fuse from China it gets to me within a week.

              Cheers, Glenn

              --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Josh Baze <josh.baze@...> wrote:

              > Sorry to keep beating the same ugly drum, but have any of you (especially
              > any Americans on the list) received the autographed (or any other) version
              > of "Glimjack" from JB HiFi yet? It's been 6 weeks since placing my order,
              > so I sent them a note today, and got this lovely dispatch back:
              >
              > "Hi, Thanks for your email. We have not had any complaints in regards to
              > dispatch. Unfortunately as the item is going to an international address we
              > must allow up to 6 six weeks for delivery.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Tiyana | Sales & Support Team | JB Hi-fi Online
              > Australia: www.jbhifionline.com.au | New Zealand: http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz"
              >
              > Anyone have any advice on trying to get them to respond as anything other
              > than a robot? Thanks, and sorry to keep asking. Just can't figure out if
              > I've been had and need to order from somewhere else...
              >
              > Josh

            • Kristin
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
                mine arrived today... finally!

                it was sent air mail, but there's no date stamp anywhere on it.  so i can't tell when it was actually shipped.

                i'd prefer to keep blaming Jb HiFi..... because if the issue is with customs then that means everything will take an extra long time to get here now.     and that would suck.

                hmmmm... i may need to order something from someplace else just to see how long it takes.

                The USA have introduced a new security check which is causing very long delays with mail getting into the Country. They claim it is only for parcel over 453 grms however I am having massive issues getting anything (even CD sized parcels) into the Country even express courier is taking 3-4 weeks

                All of the stuff I am sending out at the moment via regular mail is taking 4-6 weeks to arrive, as it gets closer to Christmas it seems to be getting slower and slower.

                So perhaps it is more of a customs issue than a JB Hi-FI dispatch issue?

                --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Jami Nettles <jami.nettles@...> wrote:

                > I haven't received mine and I have complained and received a similar bs
                > answer, the lying bastards.

              • Jami Nettles
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010

                  I guess I'll call off the boycott then. It was gonna bring them to their knees.

                • Bec Barton
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010

                    Lucky you – I ordered a car stereo from Hong Kong in September and I’m still waiting *sigh*

                    I order a fuse from China it gets to me within a week.

                    Cheers, Glenn

                    --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Josh Baze <josh.baze@...> wrote:

                    > Sorry to keep beating the same ugly drum, but have any of you (especially
                    > any Americans on the list) received the autographed (or any other) version
                    > of "Glimjack" from JB HiFi yet? It's been 6 weeks since placing my order,
                    > so I sent them a note today, and got this lovely dispatch back:
                    >
                    > "Hi, Thanks for your email. We have not had any complaints in regards to
                    > dispatch. Unfortunately as the item is going to an international address we
                    > must allow up to 6 six weeks for delivery.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Tiyana | Sales & Support Team | JB Hi-fi Online
                    > Australia: www.jbhifionline.com.au | New Zealand: http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz"
                    >
                    > Anyone have any advice on trying to get them to respond as anything other
                    > than a robot? Thanks, and sorry to keep asking. Just can't figure out if
                    > I've been had and need to order from somewhere else...
                    >
                    > Josh

                  • Jami Nettles
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
                      Mine came in today too - let the deconstruction begin.

                      (Today I also received the fabulous ultra-compression running tights I have been longing for, so if y'all never hear from me again, you will know what tragedy befell me.)