Mr Richards' wife

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 11, 2010
      Hi Glenn

      I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!

      So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?

      I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!

      BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?

      having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!

      Cheers

      Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence
    • downwithprogress
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 11, 2010
        Wikipedia says a lot of things...

        Cheerio
        Jim

        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <strumbird@...> wrote:

        > Hi Glenn
        >
        > I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!
        >
        > So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?
        >
        > I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!
        >
        > BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?
        >
        > having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence

      • Tim
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 11, 2010
          And all of which are true.

          Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.

          --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

          > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
          >
          > Cheerio
          > Jim
          >
          > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <strumbird@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Glenn
          > >
          > > I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!
          > >
          > > So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?
          > >
          > > I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!
          > >
          > > BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?
          > >
          > > having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > >
          > > Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence

        • brokenspringbird
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
            Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.

            Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.

            --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@...> wrote:

            > And all of which are true.
            >
            > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
            >
            > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
            > >
            > > Cheerio
            > > Jim
            > >
            > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <strumbird@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Glenn
            > > >
            > > > I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!
            > > >
            > > > So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?
            > > >
            > > > I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!
            > > >
            > > > BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?
            > > >
            > > > having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!
            > > >
            > > > Cheers
            > > >
            > > > Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence

          • Fiona H
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
              I'd prefer as many as possible!

              Fiona

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 16/08/2010, at 9:59 AM, "brokenspringbird" <augiehot@...> wrote:

              Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.

              Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.

              --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@...> wrote:

              > And all of which are true.
              >
              > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
              >
              > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
              > >
              > > Cheerio
              > > Jim
              > >
              > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <strumbird@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Glenn
              > > >
              > > > I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!
              > > >
              > > > So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?
              > > >
              > > > I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!
              > > >
              > > > BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?
              > > >
              > > > having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!
              > > >
              > > > Cheers
              > > >
              > > > Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence

            • Mercutio_Bne
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                Depends how long the songs are, Glenn. I think the current trend is to keep records nice and lean and away from those bloated 74 minute juggernauts of the nineties. Having said that, thanks to digital, you can chuck as many 'bonus tracks' around as you like these days and no one seems to mind.

                Oh, and there's no shame in googling yourself in the privacy of your own home, whether fanatically or otherwise.

                Cheers,

                Simon

                --

                Off The Record: 25 Years of Music Street Press
                Out November 2010 through UQP

                --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "brokenspringbird" <augiehot@...> wrote:

                > Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.
                >
                > Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.
                >
                > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                > >
                > > And all of which are true.
                > >
                > > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
                > >
                > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
                > > >
                > > > Cheerio
                > > > Jim

              • J. B.
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 15, 2010
                  a bloated 74 minute juggernaut please. Liam Finn got 20 tracks onto his debut.

                  do that.

                  To: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                  From: augiehot@...
                  Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:59:01 +0000
                  Subject: [augiemarch] Re: Mr Richards' wife

                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                    I'd vote for fifteen, but I'm greedy. I'd also vote against any iTunes exclusives, if I could possibly get away with it, as I much prefer having a physical copy of the album. But I would vote for singles with proper b-sides.

                    Like I said, greedy!

                    Cheerio
                    Jim

                    --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "brokenspringbird" <augiehot@...> wrote:

                    > Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.
                    >
                    > Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.
                    >
                    > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > And all of which are true.
                    > >
                    > > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
                    > >
                    > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
                    > > >
                    > > > Cheerio
                    > > > Jim

                  • Woody .
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                      Seconded!

                      I'd vote for fifteen, but I'm greedy. I'd also vote against any iTunes exclusives, if I could possibly get away with it, as I much prefer having a physical copy of the album. But I would vote for singles with proper b-sides.

                      Like I said, greedy!

                      Cheerio
                      Jim

                      --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "brokenspringbird" <augiehot@...> wrote:

                      > Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.
                      >
                      > Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.
                      >
                      > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > And all of which are true.
                      > >
                      > > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
                      > >
                      > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
                      > > >
                      > > > Cheerio
                      > > > Jim

                    • Legs Mccool
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                        Fifteen! Also fancy cover art.

                        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

                        > I'd vote for fifteen, but I'm greedy. I'd also vote against any iTunes exclusives, if I could possibly get away with it, as I much prefer having a physical copy of the album. But I would vote for singles with proper b-sides.
                        >
                        > Like I said, greedy!
                        >
                        > Cheerio
                        > Jim

                      • Kaami
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                          15....

                          On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM, brokenspringbird <augiehot@...> wrote:

                          Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.

                          Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.

                          --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@...> wrote:

                          > And all of which are true.
                          >
                          > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.
                          >
                          > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Wikipedia says a lot of things...
                          > >
                          > > Cheerio
                          > > Jim
                          > >
                          > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew" <strumbird@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Hi Glenn
                          > > >
                          > > > I am in a music trivia thing each week and this week we were asked who you were married to and the answer was Toni Collette! Now, I don't want to pry but I would be surprised to see that I had missed that event. I know you are in her band but so's her husband Dave Galafassi according to Wikipedia!
                          > > >
                          > > > So, by all means tell me to piss off but all I really want to confirm is that this isn't the case. I don't want to know who is in your private life as that is your business but I guess I'm being a little contradictory by asking you this aren't I?
                          > > >
                          > > > I just would have thought that we all would have known if this were the case and I want to prove the quizmaster wrong if he is!
                          > > >
                          > > > BTW Wikipedia also says you live in Adelaide with your 2 daughters - is that true he asks slyly?
                          > > >
                          > > > having said all that I am really looking forward to your next musical marriage and it's bastard offspring. Can't wait!
                          > > >
                          > > > Cheers
                          > > >
                          > > > Andrew, the oldest AM fan in existence

                          --
                          Kind regards,

                          Kaami
                        • Matt High
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                            Re: [augiemarch] Re: Mr Richards' wife I’m sure it’s obvious but go with the quality, be it 10, 12 or 17

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                              I agree with Matt.

                              Someone let me know when this baby hits the torrents, ey!

                              --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Matt High <matthigh@...> wrote:

                              > I¹m sure it¹s obvious but go with the quality, be it 10, 12 or 17
                              >

                              > On 16/08/10 10:23 PM, "Kaami" <isbybus@...> wrote:
                              >

                              > > 15....
                              > >
                              > > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:59 AM, brokenspringbird <augiehot@...>
                              > > wrote:
                              > >>

                              > >> Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC
                              > >> are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante.
                              > >> Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and
                              > >> absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update
                              > >> that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion
                              > >> it's somebody in our very midst though.
                              > >>
                              > >> Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming
                              > >> album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but
                              > >> just the same.
                              > >>

                              > >> --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com <mailto:augiemarch%40yahoogroups.com> ,

                            • Jami Nettles
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                                More.  I doubt quality is an issue - just personal taste.  Some early "rejects" are favorites so don't eliminate anything that can be squeezed in.

                                And if there are songs with mumbled, unintelligible lyrics, be sure to slip those out as as bonuses somewhere so that we can decipher/interpret/argue.

                              • Ezy
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                                  why wouldn't you put as many on there as poss..seems heaps better to have MORE!?
                                  is there a reason bands put less on an album?
                                  one note..was a bit iffy with the turn out of video film clips from came some of the previous albums, seemed there were alot of songs that could have been made visual.. so i hope the video people read this.

                                  Ta!

                                  --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, Jami Nettles <jami.nettles@...> wrote:

                                  > More. I doubt quality is an issue - just personal taste. Some early
                                  > "rejects" are favorites so don't eliminate anything that can be squeezed
                                  > in.
                                  >
                                  > And if there are songs with mumbled, unintelligible lyrics, be sure to slip
                                  > those out as as bonuses somewhere so that we can decipher/interpret/argue.
                                  >
                                  > On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Tim <soleyabs@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > I agree with Matt.
                                  > >
                                  > > Someone let me know when this baby hits the torrents, ey!
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com <augiemarch%40yahoogroups.com>, Matt
                                  > > High <matthigh@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I¹m sure it¹s obvious but go with the quality, be it 10, 12 or 17

                                  > > and TC
                                  > > dilettante.
                                  > > and
                                  > > update
                                  > > suspicion

                                  > > upcoming
                                  > > now but

                                  > > augiemarch%40yahoogroups.com <augiemarch%2540yahoogroups.com>> ,

                                  > > sell

                                  > > augiemarch%40yahoogroups.com <augiemarch%2540yahoogroups.com>> ,

                                  > > augiemarch%40yahoogroups.com <augiemarch%2540yahoogroups.com>>

                                  > > asked
                                  > > don't
                                  > > event.
                                  > > according

                                  > > your
                                  > > little

                                  > > this were

                                  > > daughters -

                                • becklefreckle
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 16, 2010
                                    Jim for PM! You know he's a better choice than those other two...

                                    --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress" <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

                                    > I'd vote for fifteen, but I'm greedy. I'd also vote against any iTunes exclusives, if I could possibly get away with it, as I much prefer having a physical copy of the album. But I would vote for singles with proper b-sides.
                                    >
                                    > Like I said, greedy!
                                    >
                                    > Cheerio
                                    > Jim
                                    >
                                    > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "brokenspringbird" <augiehot@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Really must resume googling myself fanatically. I'm pretty sure Dave and TC are doing just fine right now without the scruffy Melbournian dilettante. Can't remember any matrimonial business going on but sleeping pills and absinthe are funny that way. Be interested to know who's bothering to update that Wiki, sure isn't anyone on my side of the fence. I have a suspicion it's somebody in our very midst though.
                                    > >
                                    > > Here's a question, would you prefer 12 songs or 15 songs on the upcoming album? I realise people acquire their music in many unorthodox ways now but just the same.
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > And all of which are true.
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Believe the hype. He's married to Toni Collete. Boy, it was a tough sell with those two daughters though. But she's a trooper.

                                  • whatbetter
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 17, 2010
                                      Will the songs that you cut be available by some other means in the future? If not, cram them in, the more the merrier!

                                      P.S. any update on the release date? Can't wait...

                                    • Lisa Aspland
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Aug 17, 2010
                                        Isn't it the case that you only get royalties on the first ten tracks, and the rest are basically gifted? I may be confusing my territories, but if that's the case I'd be reserving all that extra goodness for the sequel.

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Aug 17, 2010
                                          if that's the case then i'd only put what i'm being paid for in there.
                                          can't be too nice..

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Aug 18, 2010
                                            Being greedy I'm all for the 15 of course but does depend on the reimbusrements to your good self for your effort. if it makes no diff to have 10 or 20 and you're not suffering writer's block then chuck 'em all in I say. We hear so little AM or GR stuff relatively speaking that when we get a fix it has to be a bloody big one!

                                            PS could you chuck in a few bonus photos of you and TC's (non-existent) wedding? That would be funny.

                                            BTW is the CD coming out on Sony BMG ie it's an official release backed by them (to the hilt naturally)?

                                            Cheers

                                            Andrew