Sydneysiders - Forum Competition

  • Tim Weekes
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
      So who else won tickets to it?
    • jesuit_assassin
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
        did you hear that you'd won, old sport?
        i live in hope, still x

        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@...> wrote:

        > So who else won tickets to it?

      • downwithprogress
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
          --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@...> wrote:

          > So who else won tickets to it?

          Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
          you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
          did it. :P

          See you there, kid!

          Cheerio
          Jim
        • Tim Weekes
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
            Yeah, they invited me. I don't think I gave a favourite song, I just
            said that the band owed it to me because of that time I went to New
            York to see them play and I couldn't get in because I was underage.
            Worked like a charm.

            --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress"
            <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

            > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@> wrote:
            > >
            > > So who else won tickets to it?
            > >

            > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
            > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
            > did it. :P
            >
            > See you there, kid!
            >
            > Cheerio
            > Jim

          • Bec Barton
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
              Looks like they're letting in all the riff-raff. Must be if I got tickets;
              see you there chaps!

              I considered just complaining for ten paragraphs about how it's too hard to
              pick a favourite song.

              <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

              > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@> wrote:
              > >
              > > So who else won tickets to it?
              > >

              > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
              > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
              > did it. :P
              >
              > See you there, kid!
              >
              > Cheerio
              > Jim

            • Tim Weekes
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
                And by the way Jim, the actual quote was "play some fucking barnesy"
                not "play chisel". Learn your Augie History, mate.

                <downwithprogress@...> wrote:

                > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                > >
                > > So who else won tickets to it?
                > >

                > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
                > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
                > did it. :P
                >
                > See you there, kid!
                >
                > Cheerio
                > Jim

              • J. B.
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
                  *splutter* "Augie History"????

                  that's rich Weekes.

                  >From: "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@...>
                  >To: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [augiemarch] Re: Sydneysiders - Forum Competition
                  >Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 01:20:55 -0000
                  >
                  >And by the way Jim, the actual quote was "play some fucking barnesy"
                  >not "play chisel". Learn your Augie History, mate.
                  >
                  >--- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress"
                  ><downwithprogress@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > So who else won tickets to it?
                  > > >

                  > > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
                  > > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
                  > > did it. :P
                  > >
                  > > See you there, kid!
                  > >
                  > > Cheerio
                  > > Jim

                • Mad Cat Lady
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 2007
                    You think more the stuff of legend?

                    --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "J. B." <dreambr0ther@...> wrote:

                    > *splutter* "Augie History"????
                    >
                    > that's rich Weekes.
                    >

                    > >From: "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@...>
                    > >To: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: [augiemarch] Re: Sydneysiders - Forum Competition
                    > >Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 01:20:55 -0000
                    > >
                    > >And by the way Jim, the actual quote was "play some fucking
                    barnesy"
                    > >not "play chisel". Learn your Augie History, mate.
                    > >
                    > >--- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress"
                    > ><downwithprogress@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@>

                    > > > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the
                    time
                    > > > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they
                    went and
                    > > > did it. :P
                    > > >
                    > > > See you there, kid!
                    > > >
                    > > > Cheerio
                    > > > Jim

                    FREE!

                  • Kefka-X
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 3, 2007
                      Well, I know *my* Augie History.

                      If the forum competition question had been "Name three things that Tim
                      Weekes has shouted out at Augie gigs", I would totally be there on the
                      17th.

                      "Future Seal!" "Show us your nipples!" "Angels Of The Bowling Shoes!"

                      Alas...

                      Maybe I should've mentioned how Augie March played at the Metro in
                      Sydney on my birthday, November 30th 2002, and everyone I knew was
                      going except me, because I was turning 17, not 18.
                      So I spent my birthday alone.

                      Or about all those other Augie gigs I missed due to being underage...
                      So sad.

                      I do hear those passes are "double passes" though. So, um...

                      Tim?

                      Jim?

                      ...Flanders?

                      > And by the way Jim, the actual quote was "play some fucking barnesy"
                      > not "play chisel". Learn your Augie History, mate.
                      >
                      > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "downwithprogress"
                      > <downwithprogress@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Weekes" <soleyabs@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > So who else won tickets to it?
                      > > >

                      > > Oh gawd, they invited YOU? I'll bet your favourite song was the time
                      > > you were shouting for them to play some Chisel, and then they went and
                      > > did it. :P
                      > >
                      > > See you there, kid!
                      > >
                      > > Cheerio
                      > > Jim

                    • Jamie
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                        I have managed, thanks to two lovely ladies, to get someones +1
                        ticket :) so i'm pretty happy for a change.

                        Now all i have to do is take some money out of my homeloan to buy
                        tickets to get to Sydney and pay for accomodation, totally worth it
                        though :D

                        two weeks, I expect to see some good heckling Tim, i mean it's being
                        recorded and everything.
                      • matthigh
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 4, 2007
                          I'm hoping the band heckle weekes

                          I have managed, thanks to two lovely ladies, to get someones +1
                          ticket :) so i'm pretty happy for a change.

                          Now all i have to do is take some money out of my homeloan to buy
                          tickets to get to Sydney and pay for accomodation, totally worth it
                          though :D

                          two weeks, I expect to see some good heckling Tim, i mean it's being
                          recorded and everything.

                          Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If in
                          doubt, email the sender.

                          Post message: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
                          Subscribe: augiemarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          Augie March offical site: www.augie-march.com
                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • Tim Weekes
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 5, 2007
                            Bring it on, I say. Like to see 'em try.