writing and producers

  • Andrew Weaver
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 5:23 PM

      Seeing as yr writing at the mo, I was wondering what sort of gestation period you give to the songs?  How do you go about assessing them – do you let them ferment before deciding whether you’re happy with them?

      I was also wondering if you gave any thought to the production of them, and who might be the producer of the next Augie album…seeing as you had Eric Drew Feldman involved with “MYBC”, do you think you’d work with him again?

      Or would you perhaps like to work with someone different?  Who?

      I always thought Augie March and Ethan Johns might be a nice match, or Victor again (although I’m not too sure whether he’s working at the moment).  Do you ever think you’ll work with just one producer, or do you like the hodge-podge approach?

      -----

      The Electric Newspaper

      http://www.theelectricnewspaper.com

      -----

    • brokenspringbird
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 7:44 PM
        Hi Andrew. You always seem to have a little inside information. We
        are working with Ethan on an old song. Why we're doing it I don't
        know but it's a good chance to see what he's about with a view to
        using him in the future. We didn't spend that long with Eric but
        I'd certainly like to work with him again. As for songs it's never
        the same period of evaluation. Mostly I get scraps of time here and
        there to write in and whatever hangs around makes it to an album.
        By the time we do an album I've no idea whether they're good
        anymore. It's a disorganised part of the process which is a shame.

        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Weaver" <aweaver@...>