Re: Checking in, Matt...

  • whozza_bunyip2
    Message 1 of 103 , May 1, 2005
      Mixing our first record at the end of May, and recording the show
      we're playing this Wednesday night...

      if all turns out well Wednesday, I'll post a link to some of the songs.

      That is if people don't mind.

      One of our new tunes is very Augie influenced.

      --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "the singers a liar" <isbybus@y...>
      wrote:
      > We haven't heard anything from you for a while either, Whozza...
      > How's the band going? Are all your material needs being fulfilled?
      >
      > --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "whozza_bunyip2" <chris@p...>
      wrote:
      > > Hey Matt... we haven't heard anything from you or the boys for a
      > bit,
      > > and was curious what was news. Have you stopped in with them?
      How
      > is
      > > the recording going?
    • taximusic
      Message 103 of 103 , May 23, 2005
        --- In augiemarch@yahoogroups.com, "Nigel Sheridan-Smith"
        <nbsherid@s...> wrote:
        > Is that the Tylea from ex-Gota Cola? I heard a few years ago she
        had gone
        > solo, I think...

        Sorry - I've been off-list for a while. Yes, that's Tylea from Gota
        Cola.

        Apologies to whozza bunyip - by the time that post went through it
        was up to about the 3rd or 4th time I'd written it and lost it. So I
        was a little short on explanations.

        And Lauren - re Surfers Paradise - I agree with everyone else that
        the Troccadero sometimes has some good bands, but it's not a
        particularly exciting venue otherwise. Apparently it has some good
        boutique beers in one part of it.

        You can check this out for yourself in Time Off (www.timeoff.com.au) -
        one of Brisbane's street mags and the best one for live music info,
        but these are the bands listed as playing (so far) while you're here:-

        SUN 29
        JAZZ ON A SUNDAY VIBE – Fats, Greg Sheehan The Zoo
        NICK DALTON (3pm) Ric's
        MEXICO CITY, SOLIC ARCHERS, THE FONDELLS The Troubadour
        REDBEARD The Rev
        THE SPHERES (3pm), CLOUDRUN (1pm), MARCELLO LARA (10am) King George
        Square
        PADDY DEMPSEY Bowery
        BAKELITE RADIO Joe's Waterhole, Eumundi
        TIME MACHINE Beach Hotel, Byron Bay

        MON 30
        ANDREW CAMERON Ric's

        WED 1
        IDLEWILD, THE BOAT PEOPLE The Zoo
        SILENT PARTNERS, HEADKASE, YURI, DEEP FRY Her Majesty's
        STEVE TOWSON Indie Temple

        THU 2
        LIOR, LOREN, DAVE MAN The Zoo
        THE NARCOTICS Ric's
        WOMEN IN DOCS The Troubadour

        FRI 3
        RESIN DOGS, LAZY GREY, GOOD BUDDHA SOUNDSYSTEM, 2 DOGS The Zoo
        THE PANICS The Troubadour
        GAZOONGA ATTACK Ric's
        JOHN SCHOOLEY, VEGAS KINGS, THE DANGERMEN, FEELIN' LUCKY Jubilee Hotel
        KAFKA, KOOII Sound Lounge, Currumbin RSL
        THE DAISYCUTTERS Coolangatta Hotel
        SPLIT SYSTEM, DEEP FRY, SFM Buderim Tavern
        GREYBOY Great Northern, Byron Bay

        SAT 4
        SLINKY VS GLOBAL UNDERGROUND – Danny Howells, Fergie, BK, James
        Lawson Arena
        DAPPLED CITIES FLY The Zoo
        JOHN SCHOOLEY (1am), THE PANICS The Troubadour
        JOHN SCHOOLEY (4pm) Ric's
        THE BLUEHOUSE Judith Wright Centre
        TURNPIKE, EAT LASER SCUMBAG!, SEAPLANE, TOADRACER Jubilee Hotel
        WIPSNADE ZOO (all-ages, 1.30pm) Skinny's
        JENNY MORRIS Gilhooleys, Chermside
        RENDEZVOUS, JJ SPPEDBALL, THE PENNY DREADFULS, DOUBTING THOMAS
        Pacific Hotel Bribie Island
        RESIN DOGS, GOOD BUDDHA Coolangatta Hotel

        So the only Gold Coast gigs listed are those at the Coolangatta
        Hotel - and, if you don't have a car, it would probably be easier for
        you to get to Brisbane than to get to Coolangatta.

        Other than that, the Surfers Paradise Beer Garden (on Cavill Ave)
        usually gets rave reviews from travellers. I don't particularly like
        it, but maybe that's just me, since I can't think of a single Gold
        Coast venue that I do really like! ;o)

        Hope that helps. Sorry to everyone else on the list - I tried to
        send this to Lauren privately but it wouldn't go through.

        Kate.