RE: [augiemarch] Re: AUSTRALIAN SHOWS

  • Matthew High
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
      The problem for all-ages shows is that they are expensive to run because
      the venuw doesn't make any money out of alcohol sales (which is where
      the venues make their money), so they have to charge the band a lot more
      than usual to use the room. Which puts the price up, which means nobody
      turns up...etc etc...

      Augie always try to play instores and festivals on every album / EP
      /tour etc to get around the issue that way.

      Hopefully the next album will sell a zillion copies all over the world
      and there will be free all ages concerts on the third Tuesday of every
      month for a year.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2004
        I know that matthew, i totally understand, not having a go at you guys :)

        just frustrating situation hey :) any chance of BDO/Homebake?

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2004

          Yeah I realized you weren’t having a go at us. We wont be at homebake or BDO this year as we wont have a new album out by then.

          Cheers

          Matt

> [...]

          > > THE FOURTEENTH MEREDITH MUSIC FESTIVAL
          > > Dec 10, 11 & 12 2004
          > >  <http://www.mmf.com.au> www.mmf.com.au
          > >
          > > AUGIE MARCH album "STRANGE BIRD"
          > > out on SpinArt in the US on Sept 14, 2004
          > >  <http://www.augie-march.com> www.augie-march.com

          Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If
          in doubt, email the sender.

          Post message: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe:  augiemarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Augie March offical site: www.augie-march.com
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If in doubt, email the sender.

          Post message: augiemarch@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe:  augiemarch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          Augie March offical site: www.augie-march.com

          Please do not open an attatchment unless you know exactly what it is. If in doubt, email the sender.

        • wes ryan
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 5, 2004

            Augie's coming to Sydney
            Augie's coming to Sydney
            Augie's coming to Sydney

            tho here's my cloud of confusion....
            last sat i was at the annandale and i managed to get my little paws on an Epicure poster which states that they be playing on da 3rd of Sept.

            are they the support act??
            has da dale double booked?? if so throw the Deloris guys in the van and come play my front yard....i can cater with subway cookies.(oh they be soo soo sweet.)

            i'm too young to be suffering from these anxiety attacks, answers may prevent oncoming cardiac arrest hence appreciated.

            Now a brief top10 just to feel included, just like fielding at long on.

            1. Sunset Studies
            2. Stange Bird
            3. No4 Record (YouAmI)
            4. HiFi Way (YouAmI)
            5. Bakesale (Sebadoh)
            6. Storms Dressed as Stars (Gersey)
            7. The Music (The Music)
            8. Long Lost (Lazy Susan)
            9. Good People's Highway (Ruck Rover)
            10. Muse (Absolution)

            thobank yobu.

            Matthew High <matthigh@...> wrote:

[...]

          • there_is_no_such_place
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 5, 2004
              Two questions as I am not to most well informed guy.

              Are augie going to sydney reeally? and where else in oz????

              and

              How do you compare Hope Springs to the other Gersey album?? Coz ive
              only heard Hope Sporings and it sucks pretty much.

              thanks
            • Matthew High
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 5, 2004
                AUGIE MARCH
                With terrific support from Dappled Cities Fly and The Forgotten Army
                ANNANDALE HOTEL SYDNEY
                FRI SEPT 3

                AUGIE MARCH
                With superb support from Deloris and our old friends TBC
                PRINCE OF WALES MELBOURNE
                FRI SEP 17

                Tickets for Melb available soon - we'll let you know.

                Tickets for Sydney show available:

                ONLINE
                http://www.annandalehotel.com/buytix.html
                http://www.moshtix.com.au

                PHONE CHARGE
                Moshtix (02) 9209 4614

                MOSHTIX STORE OUTLETS
                Note: All tickets are distributed electronically to these stores - there
                is no need to print tickets.
                If you provide us posters we can distribute to the stores - Please mail
                to:
                moshtix - IN6, IBC Building, Australian Technology Park, EVELEIGH, NSW,
                1430

                BONDI Electric Monkeys, 78 Gould St, (behind
                campbell prd.) 9365 6955
                BONDI JUNCTION Fish Records, 472 Oxford St Mall (eastern end) 9388
                9641
                CITY Red Eye Records, 66 King Street (btw
                George & York sts.) 9299 4233
                DARLINGHURST Central Station Records, 46 Oxford St, (opp. Hungry
                Jacks) 9361 5222
                GLEBE Fish Records, 47 Glebe Point Rd (opp. the
                school) 9692 0480
                NEWTOWN Fish Records, 261 King Street (next to Dendy
                Theatre) 9557 3074
                PARRAMATTA Champion, 213 Church St Mall (in the old post office)
                9635 4300
                more coming soon ... check www.moshtix.com.au

                OTHER ONLINE OUTLETS & PROMOTION:
                3DWorld Magazine Tickets
                http://www.threedworld.com.au/tickets/tickets.html
                2SER Radio website http://www.2ser.com/ (click the tickets link top
                right)
                Central Station Tickets
                http://www.centralstationrec.com/events/moshtix/mosh1.html

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 8, 2004
                  Cool
                  Great news!
                  Too bad I am in Tasmania now but will have to work around it.
                  Do they ever come here?