Re: [augiemarch] soulseek (was seeking the kindly few)

  • wes ryan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2004
      thanks folks.

      all sorted

      i've found the lost gold. i'm like a teenager with a crush.

      "put me in a cage full of lions, and i'd learn to speak lion..."

      p.s.

      regarding u.s single.

      seems to me that AM never prioritised units sold, seems that each song is a delicately crafted landscape of their place/state of mind at the given time.
      i believe to master this art form as they have done, one would be heedless to units sold. as was assured with strange bird, a masterpiece to a select few though to the average boy/girl at the bus stop not catchy enough. if they had of released something radio friendly, i'm confident that sunset gained enough attention for them to be moulded/manipulated to the top.

      so i think look to their best. Hole In Your Roof or The Vineyard.

      i think they'd find their way into the hearts of the select few in the u.s the same as they have done here. i believe that to be AM's will, i maybe mistaken but i'm sticking to it.

      the website for soulseek has moved. it's now at www.slsknet.org

      they lost briefly lost their domain name (or something) and in the short
      time before they could reregister, some dodgy germans moved in and are
      trying to scam people.

      the newest version is version 152. the dodgy site only claims to have
      version149c.
      hope this helps
      nathan

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/