A Tribute to Lincoln Park

  • HAGLUNDCA
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 27, 1999
      Welcome, This is the Yahoo! Message Board for A Tribute to Lincoln Park community.
    • simranlovesraj
      Message 51 of 51 , Dec 4 10:54 AM
        Great info. My parents actually met at the Lincoln Park Dance Hall.

        --- In atributetolincolnpark@yahoogroups.com, HAGLUNDCA wrote:

        > Lincoln Park was opened in the summer of 1894 by
        > the Union Street Railway Co.of New Bedford, MA. The
        > Trolley Co. leased 20 acres of land in Dartmouth near the
        > Westport line to build their park. Sunday was the biggest
        > day on the line with people from surrounding towns
        > like New Bedford & Fall River traveling to the park
        > for family outings. The patronage was so great that
        > the cars ran on a 15 min. schedule. Those that could
        > not find seats clung to the running boards.<br>Quoted
        > from a fine history of Lincoln Park which can be found
        > @<br><a
        href=http://www.geocities.com/historic_coasters1/lincoln_park.html
        target=new>http://www.geocities.com/historic_coasters1/lincoln_park.html
        </a>