The Los Padres Day Fire Aftermath

  • danamitepmc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
      Yeah, yeah. I know this is old news, but I was finally able t go check
      out the wildfire destruction from the October Day Fire in my own back
      yard, Los Padres National Forest. On my way to Ojai, I took the
      Lockwood Valley route & stopped at the closed gate to Half Moon/Mutau
      Flat. Below is a link to several images of charred forest & sage lands.

      http://www.totalescape.net/pix/2006/12_DayFire/

      The ranger says this area will not be open for quite some time. The
      erosion mess & closed roads are not for public sightseeing. Bummer!

      Next I will be posting photos of Benton Hot Springs & Saline Valley
      from my Holiday Mojave travels.

      DanaMite
      Total Escape - California, Off the Beaten Path
      10 years Online! ~ http://www.totalescape.com
      Defining your Direction ~ http://www.totalescape.net
    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2007
        Welcome back, Dana! I for one am dying to hear how you enjoyed
        solstice in the Saline Valley. How was the flow at the lower warm
        springs? The weather? The people-density?

        At Benton, did you camp, or stay in the B&B?

        Trevor