Re: Machine Figuring John A's 16 inch with help from James Mulherin

  • John
    Message 1 of 200 , Dec 1, 2004
      We have 160 nm to go so I think this is a safe move.
      > Go ahead and repeat the previous set. Let's stick with the cerium since
      > we're getting to know the behavior of the glass/cerium combination.

      > James
      >
      > James Mulherin
      > Optical Mechanics, Inc.
      > jcmulherin@o...
      > www.ProSpecMirrors.com
      > Tel: (319) 351-3960
      > Fax: (319) 351-3943

      Hello James,
      I called this morning but the machine answered again. I'm sure it must
      be like Santa's elves on Christmas eve there what with your robotic
      scope deadline moved up. I will call after the 14th as I would
      definitely like to chat and thank you formally.

      I would love to see a pic of this scope being lowered into the dome so
      I could show my wife and tell her how lucky she is that my scope won't
      be quite that large.

      I've uploaded the surface error graph and it is right near the 100 nm
      mark. But the edge looks funky in the graph not the ronchi. Perhaps I
      could lower the whole surface with the center and edge correction runs
      and bring everything up on the graph to achieve a smoother shape to it?

      Hope All Is Going Well On Your End, John
    • rwiederrich
      Message 200 of 200 , Jun 9, 2005
        Thanks Richard.

        Rob