Question for the group

  • starzkey
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 2:19 PM
      Does anyone one this forum have any experience with flat-lapping
      graphite-epoxy composite parts? I don't have any first-hand
      experience working with composites, but am considering their use in
      a rather ambitious TM project I am curently involved with (32" all-
      spherical relay Cassegrain.)

      Thanks in advance,

      Scott Milligan
    • spoonerscope
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 4:46 PM
        Have you contacted Peter Chen?
        http://iacs.cua.edu/people/chen/

        He's done lightweight optics work and had some posts on the ATM list
        I believe. Not sure if anything is relative to your needs though.

        --Mike Spooner

        --- In atm_free@yahoogroups.com, "starzkey" <starzkey@c...> wrote:
        > Does anyone one this forum have any experience with flat-lapping
        > graphite-epoxy composite parts? I don't have any first-hand
        > experience working with composites, but am considering their use
        in
        > a rather ambitious TM project I am curently involved with (32" all-
        > spherical relay Cassegrain.)
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Scott Milligan
      • starzkey
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 7:51 PM
          Thanks for the suggestion, Mike; I remember meeting Peter at
          Stellafane a few years back, where he gave a fascinating talk and
          demonstration of the composite mirror telescopes he and his group
          are working on.

          Scott Milligan