Re: ronchi grating

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Hi
      > I currently use a Ronchi grating I made by using a WORD textbox with
      fill
      > effect pattern consisting of vertical lines which I printed on a
      > transparency using a HP LaserJet 1100 which gives me about 3-4
      lines/mm.

      This would give you 75 to 100 lines per inch. A 100 lpi will work ok,
      but 75 lpi is a little slim. I also printed my grating using
      transparency film on an HP Photosmart printer.
      The grating I printed was a 100 line per inch and does work. I got a
      pic of the grating off the web. Then I scaled it, adjusted the contras
      and lighted it. I also had to crank up the printers setting to print
      400 dpi.
      Question. Does your transparency flim have a rough surface? Mine did.
      I got Staples brand because it was cheaper.
      If you want a link to the grating pic let me know.
      Chris