Re: [atm_free] Re: Making An Aluminizing Chamber

  • paul valleli
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 3, 2013
      Yes, Florin,
      Every coating design and procedure is unique. Skipping a step may cause a later failure.
      Imagine someone like myself that will only clean my SCT corrector once every three years.
      A soft coating would last a long time but eventually fail.
      An aluminum coat with SiOx hardcoat should last 40 to 50 years if not exposed to condensing humidity.
      If the galvanic undercoat is skipped, a silver coating may fail in a few weeks !
      Every coating is unique, just like us peoples. The DNA mold may be the same, but circumstances change the character.
      Paul
    • paul valleli