update my 20 inch mirror

  • zoran stojcevski
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2013

                  I managed to bring down to 1/4.5 wavefront my mirror. I did not try to correct the edge in fear to ruin it. Edge zone is about 50 nanometers up. I can bring down a bit more the wavefront if I make the inner parts of the mirror better. Some of the figuring sessions I did not even know what I am doing, in other sessions I got opposite results than should get and expected, etc... etc...
            The interferometer which I need to start building will show the true figure of the mirror.
             As somebody already know, I am testing the mirror in my mirror box, which is on the floor and tilted some 80 degrees , so the tester is about 5 meters from the mirror and exactly in level with my eyes. The mirror is resting on 27 point mirror cell  with steel cable.

      zoran
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
        Being this close, if I were you I'd set it up and do a real star test.

        Joe
        Sig
        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme
        Idle-Tyme.com
        http://www.idle-tyme.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2013
            Can you post your knife readings (X & Y)?