Re: [atm_free] Re: Null corrector for a fast mirror

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 36 , May 9, 2013
      On 5/9/2013 12:34, John wrote:
      > If any one wants it this link should obtain it
      >
      > http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffp.optics.arizona.edu%2Foptomech%2Ffiles%2FTech%2520memo1%2520--%2520null%2520corrector.pdf&ei=G8-LUcfuLamb0wW494GQCw&usg=AFQjCNE_sAjzh1j3pk5yKrAg_atY888yVg&bvm=bv.46226182,bs.1,d.d2k
      >
      > Ouch - couldn't remove the google stuff. It's title is

      without the google stuffings it is

      http://fp.optics.arizona.edu/optomech/files/Tech%20memo1%20--%20null%20corrector.pdf

      ;)

    • John
      Message 36 of 36 , May 13, 2013
        For a complete solution source anywhere I think the sag at h is needed which can probably be derived from that link. :-) Not sketched anything out so a pure guess. From memory Sixtests allows the mirror to source distance to be specified but that may be just to reduce errors from normal Foucault readings. I don't think it allows offsets to be specified which are another source of error apart from any aberration effects.

        Where some views of aberrations go astray is that when a mask is used the aberrations of the whole mirror may not be important. Instead it's the size of the circles of confusion produced by a series of small off axis mirrors in relationship to their diffraction disc size.

        I also suspect that there is another test that could be used these days but no sums done to check how large a sensor is needed for good say 1/20 wave results. Hartman, if that is how it's spelled. That one would just involve taking an exposure with the lens off a dslr, moving it a specific distance along the axis of the mirror and taking another.

        John
        -