Re: [atm_free] Re: Know where to get 24 grit Silicon Carbide?

  • Vladimir
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013
      Craig,
      Coarser grit will work faster, no doubt, but wouldn't a spared time be lost
      later  in removing the deeper pits from coarse grit?
      Vladimir.
    • Craig Sterrett
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013

        Well I figure compared to the nearly 3/16” I need to remove, some larger scratches will be a small penalty.  But instead of digging up some larger grit, I instead used a diamond cup tool by hand (I’m not brave enough to attach it to any power tools like some do), at least the diamond doesn’t wear down in 90 seconds like the silicon carbide.  This has allowed me to get hogging down to about 8 hours I figure.  Something I may be doing different than most, my tool is not tile, it’s quartz plugs embedded in dental plaster.  This has worked well, compared to tile which wears so quickly compared to quartz.  But I’m a complete newbie so we will see how this all works out.