Turned down edge?

  • mschaffroth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Hello.

      Would someone please tell me if my turned down edge needs fixing or
      if I can go onto figuring?

      The picture is the 14th picture in the Photos area
      http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/atm_free/lst
      and is called "Ronchi prefigure 2". (can't miss it)

      Also, I have been doing the polishing on a Tom Waineo type of machine
      using a 6" tool (on my 8" blank). I believe the turned down edge
      came from having the arm come out further than it should have. I did
      this because the edge wasn't getting polished fast enough. Would I
      correct this by polishing the center down, i.e. have the tool only go
      over the edge a little bit?

      Thanks a bunch!!
      Mark Schaffroth
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2003
        Mark,
        Could you try to get the mirror a little closer to the RoC, the
        fewer lines you have the better, try to get it so there are only 5
        lines or so, it will give a better understanding of what is really
        going on.
        with ronchi, the closer you get to RoC the fewer lines you will have,
        and the fewer the lines,the more sensitive it is.
        with that many lines showing one can not really say what is going on.
        Rick