Re: [atm_free] Re: vacuum mirror

  • Vladimir Galogaza
    Message 1 of 53 , Apr 1, 2010

      >Another tangent idea is, to push mirror back with screw (instead of
      using positive air >pressure) , then make sphere and polish, then remove screw. Result should be parabola.

      If screw tension can be kept constant for the time of figuring, varying temperatures
      and polishing pressure changes.

      Regards
      Vladimir.
    • Jerry
      Message 53 of 53 , Apr 3, 2010
        That is great Al,

        You have a course on telescope making nearby. You can't go wrong.
        Don't let another class start without you being in it.

        Jerry