Zerodur or Astrositall Source?

  • glasspusher2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
      Does anyone use these materials, I'm looking for a 10" dia. blank and wonder if there are any reasonably priced sources?

      Thanks

      Don
    • gyouman
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2009
        goggle zerodur and astrosital. all kinds of info on properties and sources.

        glasspusher2001 wrote:
        > Does anyone use these materials, I'm looking for a 10" dia. blank and wonder if there are any reasonably priced sources?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Don

        > Database version: 6.13390

        Glen Youman
        Penryn, California
        http://www.astrophotos.net
      • glasspusher2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
          What are low cost sources for Pyrex blanks?
          I can think of William Bell and Newport Glass.
          United Lens is more expensive.

          Don
        • Exitar01@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
            try gotgrit.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
              Google 'pyrex mirror blank' - plenty of info

              glasspusher2001 wrote:
              > What are low cost sources for Pyrex blanks?
              > I can think of William Bell and Newport Glass.
              > United Lens is more expensive.
              >
              > Don

              > Database version: 6.13400

              Glen Youman
              Penryn, California
              http://www.astrophotos.net
            • David Adams
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
                Swift Glass in NY was the best I found. (Google it.)