Re: [atm_free] Willmann Bell CeO sleeks

  • Mark Whitaker
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi Gil,

      Actually, I have used a 10" F/4.5 newt with a Baader MPCC along with my Orion 6mp Color One Shot with very good results.  I used an oversize diagonal there as well to help fully illuminate as much of the ccd as possible.

      The current mirror is an 8 inch at F/4.3.  I want a little more portability and a shorter focal length for a greater FOV.

      I made the mirror because it is something I have always wanted to do.  However, Hubble Optics sells some pretty good short 8" mirrors on eBay (my 10" was a Hubble Optics mirror).  Orion sells an 8" F/5 OTA which you can usually find one at a reduce price in their clearance section for about $250 (scratch and dent).

      Mark