Sight Tube length

  • Kevin Palm
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hey, folks!

      I made a sight tube following Phil Harrington's plans, and I'm not
      sure how short to make it. I have an f/8 SkyQuest XT6, and I can't see
      the edges of the secondary when I insert the tube, so I know it's too
      long. Isn't there a formula somewhere for length based on the focal ratio?

      Thanks,
      Kevin
    • Jim & Pat Fly
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        Length of tube should be (tube ID) x (scope f-ratio); (8 in your case).

        Regards,

        Jim Fly
        CATSEYE Collimation