Glass anneal as a limiting factor

  • Mark Cowan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      The list is slow so here's a question (or two):

      What experience have people had regarding the workability of glass
      with different anneals? I'm not talking about the kind of strain
      that's quite colorful under polarization, just the difference between
      obvious mild strain, just visible strain, and no visible strain - that
      would be roughly commercial, fine, and precision anneal.

      On occasion I've had trouble with some glass that /seems/ to be due to
      the anneal quality, but just working it carefully seems to do the
      trick. I'd rather have a perfect anneal than a poor one, but has
      anybody actually tracked performance vs anneal quality?

      Mark Cowan
      Salem, OR