RE: [atlas_craftsman] Re: drillbits , dirt cheap + tips - we have control

  • Carvel Webb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2013

      Your comment underscores the fact that we live in a ‘global village’ and the nature of big business is such that they generally ( not always) chase the lowest input costs wherever in the world they happen to be . However as those economies develop , those costs rise , and business moves on .

      However what I would suggest is that quality ultimately lies in the hands of the consumer ( us ) .

      We have had numerous examples here ( South Africa) where quality products have been substituted  by ‘cheaper’ and often inferior items ( initially) .

      I agree that returning them often costs more than the item is worth , but in many cases one CAN return them , and KEEP ON returning them until the supplier , and the supplier’s supplier , gets the message , and ups the product .

      I have written here before that I have had occasion to return a far eastern chuck – 3 times- but the one I finally got is perfect , and supplier is now doing his own quality control as he gets the stuff .

      Let us not underestimate the power of the consumer ( us) to ensure we get decent stuff,

      End of rant ,