Re: I'm back to the old looking Yahoo Groups

  • angelo4967
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 25, 2013
      Unbelievable!! I also use firefox.
      I followed your link for the plug-in and now
      I'm back to the 'old'format.
      Thank You!
      Angelo

      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013
        Here's what I have found after installing and modifying Firefox.

        Everything does, as others have reported, look like the previous version of Yahoo, including the 100 MB limit on Files storage.  Files sections that have been run over the 100 MB old limit show 100% at the bottom of the screen and additional files cannot be uploaded.  However, all of the more than 100 MB of files are visible and downloadable.  So unless you were wanting to upload a file, almost everything seems to work exactly as before.

        If running IE8 (and I presume IE9), Chrome or unmodified Firefox, you see the new version including the new Files limit and you can both download and upload files more or less as before.  However, with regard to the "new" file space limit, some Groups have the new higher limit and some (_Pics, Projects, Shaper and Milling, and some not related to Atlas) still have the old 100 MB limit.  The new limit, which was for a while 10 GB, seems to have changed to 2 GB as of this morning.  It was still 10 about four days ago.

        Also, still talking about Files, the description is truncated to one line even if you click the "Relaxed" button to triple space the list.  The only way that I have found to read the complete description is to go to Edit mode but that is only available to moderators.  I have edited most of the descriptions in an effort to get as much useful info visible as possible.

        Further, IE this morning is so slow that you might think you were running a 56K modem.  There are a lot of errors necessatating frequent use of the Refresh button.  Chrome is a little better, as is Firefox.  All were much better a few days ago although IE was noticably the slowest, so maybe this will improve again.  The Groups search button does not work today under any of the three browsers.

        While I was writing this, the performance inproved considerably so maybe I just caught it at a bad moment.  However, the Groups search button still doesn't work.

        Robert Downs - Houston
      • Carvel Webb
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013

          Robert ,

          I have not come across one person involved with groups ( using or moderating) who likes the new format .

          Surely , unless they are complete idiots, this must have fed back to Boo Hoo by now ?

          Do you , or anyone else , know if they are doing anything about it ?

          Regards,

          Carvel

          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013
            Hi Carvel,  At the top right of the screen, a gearwheel icon, a drop-down box with feedback in it,
            hoodoo's getting the messages, but just making vague promises, as to the resolution,
            what a mess.
            Regards  jb
            Thank you for the feedback on the tab feature in Yahoo Mail. We deeply value how much our users care about Yahoo and are constantly engaging with our products.
            The recent design changes in Yahoo Mail are important steps to building a more modern and personalized version. We recognize that this is a lot of change and are actively listening to user feedback so we can continuously make improvements.