Re: I'm back to the old looking Yahoo Groups

  • angelo4967
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 24, 2013
      I don't believe it!
      I use firefox and followed your link.
      After the plug-in install I restarted firefox and am now
      back to the 'old' format.
      Thank You,Thank You,Thank You!
      Angelo

      --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "dhlh1984" <thehairs@...> wrote:

      > I am now running my groups in Firefox with this plugin and it is giving me the
      > look of the old groups. If you hate NEO as much as I do you may want to give
      > Firfox and thid plug-in a try.
      >
      > http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html
      >
      > David Hair

    • angelo4967
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 25, 2013
        Unbelievable!! I also use firefox.
        I followed your link for the plug-in and now
        I'm back to the 'old'format.
        Thank You!
        Angelo

        --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, "dhlh1984" <thehairs@...> wrote:

        > I am now running my groups in Firefox with this plugin and it is giving me the
        > look of the old groups. If you hate NEO as much as I do you may want to give
        > Firfox and thid plug-in a try.
        >
        > http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html
        >
        > David Hair

      • Art Eckstein
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 25, 2013
          www.firefox.com

          At 07:44 PM 9/25/2013, you wrote:

          OK.  Where does one acquire a copy of Firefox?

          Robert Downs - Houston
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 25, 2013
            Dave,

            OK.  I'm almost sold.  However, I have found one problem (so far).  Under the old Yahoo version, space allowed for photos was a bunch (2 GB I think) but Files were limited to 100 MB (which here and probably in other interest areas spawned some Secondary Groups to allow more files to be uploaded and made available).  Under the new version, Files allowable space was increased to 2 GB on most Groups (I did see one where the limit was still 100 MB).  After installing Firefox and installing the plugin and going to the A_C group, as other have reported, what you see looks like the old Yahoo.  Including the 100 MB Files limit.

            It is too late to experiment tonight.  But as soon as I get time, I will transfer some more files from A_C_Projects and see what happens when I exceed 100 MB.

            Robert Downs - Houston

            But at least the Moderator tools that were lost have been regained.  I wonder how long it is going to continue to work?

            In a message dated 09/25/2013 19:02:40 PM Central Daylight Time, dhylands@... writes:
            Hi Robert,

            http://getfirefox.com

            --
            Dave Hylands
            Shuswap, BC, Canada

          • Paul
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 26, 2013
              I could not get in either yesterday, but could get to both sites (owwm & vintagemachinery) this morning, so it must have been a temporary technology glitch.
              Speaking of technology glitches...
              Sorry if someone already posted this, I can't get to the posts in this thread after this first one.
              Paul

              --- In atlas_craftsman@yahoogroups.com, Steven Jones <srjones@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone know if the OWWM.org website has gone down?
              >
              > I have been unable to contact it for a couple of days.
              >
              > Steve

            • David Hair
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 26, 2013
                Dave,

                OK.  I'm almost sold.  However, I have found one problem (so far).  Under the old Yahoo version, space allowed for photos was a bunch (2 GB I think) but Files were limited to 100 MB (which here and probably in other interest areas spawned some Secondary Groups to allow more files to be uploaded and made available).  Under the new version, Files allowable space was increased to 2 GB on most Groups (I did see one where the limit was still 100 MB).  After installing Firefox and installing the plugin and going to the A_C group, as other have reported, what you see looks like the old Yahoo.  Including the 100 MB Files limit.

                It is too late to experiment tonight.  But as soon as I get time, I will transfer some more files from A_C_Projects and see what happens when I exceed 100 MB.

                Robert Downs - Houston

                But at least the Moderator tools that were lost have been regained.  I wonder how long it is going to continue to work?

                In a message dated 09/25/2013 19:02:40 PM Central Daylight Time, dhylands@... writes:
                Hi Robert,

                On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM, <wa5cab@...> wrote:

                >OK.  Where does one acquire a copy of Firefox?

                http://getfirefox.com

                --
                Dave Hylands
                Shuswap, BC, Canada
                http://www.davehylands.com

              • Lew Tousignant
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 26, 2013
                  The site name changed a couple years ago, now VINTAGEMACHINERY.ORG.  Just used it this morning

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013
                    Here's what I have found after installing and modifying Firefox.

                    Everything does, as others have reported, look like the previous version of Yahoo, including the 100 MB limit on Files storage.  Files sections that have been run over the 100 MB old limit show 100% at the bottom of the screen and additional files cannot be uploaded.  However, all of the more than 100 MB of files are visible and downloadable.  So unless you were wanting to upload a file, almost everything seems to work exactly as before.

                    If running IE8 (and I presume IE9), Chrome or unmodified Firefox, you see the new version including the new Files limit and you can both download and upload files more or less as before.  However, with regard to the "new" file space limit, some Groups have the new higher limit and some (_Pics, Projects, Shaper and Milling, and some not related to Atlas) still have the old 100 MB limit.  The new limit, which was for a while 10 GB, seems to have changed to 2 GB as of this morning.  It was still 10 about four days ago.

                    Also, still talking about Files, the description is truncated to one line even if you click the "Relaxed" button to triple space the list.  The only way that I have found to read the complete description is to go to Edit mode but that is only available to moderators.  I have edited most of the descriptions in an effort to get as much useful info visible as possible.

                    Further, IE this morning is so slow that you might think you were running a 56K modem.  There are a lot of errors necessatating frequent use of the Refresh button.  Chrome is a little better, as is Firefox.  All were much better a few days ago although IE was noticably the slowest, so maybe this will improve again.  The Groups search button does not work today under any of the three browsers.

                    While I was writing this, the performance inproved considerably so maybe I just caught it at a bad moment.  However, the Groups search button still doesn't work.

                    Robert Downs - Houston
                  • Carvel Webb
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013

                      Robert ,

                      I have not come across one person involved with groups ( using or moderating) who likes the new format .

                      Surely , unless they are complete idiots, this must have fed back to Boo Hoo by now ?

                      Do you , or anyone else , know if they are doing anything about it ?

                      Regards,

                      Carvel

                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 12, 2013
                        Hi Carvel,  At the top right of the screen, a gearwheel icon, a drop-down box with feedback in it,
                        hoodoo's getting the messages, but just making vague promises, as to the resolution,
                        what a mess.
                        Regards  jb
                        Thank you for the feedback on the tab feature in Yahoo Mail. We deeply value how much our users care about Yahoo and are constantly engaging with our products.
                        The recent design changes in Yahoo Mail are important steps to building a more modern and personalized version. We recognize that this is a lot of change and are actively listening to user feedback so we can continuously make improvements.